Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Take It To Consumer Affairs

That was the advice given to me by a call centre representative from Ford CRC.

I won't go into all the details but I have recently had a warranty claim issue that has been denied by the 'engineers' that work at FPV. So I did what anyone else in my shoes would do and called the CRC to try to resolve the issue.

Within the frist couple of minutes of the conversation with this person I was told that the only avenue open to me to resolve the issue was to take my concerns to Consumer Affairs. I was gobsmacked to say the least, to think that they are that narrow minded as to not even be willing to try to resolve the issue over the phone.

So I then asked for the supervisor, to which the reply was, that there was no supervisor in the call centre, well sorry pal but I deal with call centres every day in my business and I know that no call centre operates without a supervisor. Well wouldn't you know it, he then changed his response to "the supervisor is unable to attend to your call at this present moment", so I said i would wait. Then he changed it to "the supervisor is unavailable to take any calls at the moment as they are currently 'indisposed' so there would be no point in my waiting as they may be some time".

He took my number and said I would get a call back.

Do you think I will get a call back?? no need to answer lol

Anyway, I will give them the benifit of the doubt (huge doubt) and wait till Monday.

I realised after the phone conversation, late I know, that the reason they gave for denying the claim is in fact incorrect as the cause that they are stating of the problem actually has nothing to do with the part that's failed. Rather they are not willing to take responsibilty for maintanance or lack there of while the car was still owned and used by Ford, which by the way I have never been able to get any details of and I was told by the CRC rep that it had no 'bearing' on the issue whatsoever.

Not sure if it should be in here or the Bar but would guess in here as it is 'car related'.

Still in utter disbelief
Stef

XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR

Within the frist couple of minutes of the conversation with this person I was told that the only avenue open to me to resolve the issue was to take my concerns to Consumer Affairs. I was gobsmacked to say the least, to think that they are that narrow minded as to not even be willing to try to resolve the issue over the phone.

I realised after the phone conversation, late I know, that the reason they gave for denying the claim is in fact incorrect as the cause that they are stating of the problem actually has nothing to do with the part that's failed. Rather they are not willing to take responsibilty for maintanance or lack there of while the car was still owned and used by Ford, which by the way I have never been able to get any details of and I was told by the CRC rep that it had no 'bearing' on the issue whatsoever.

That's terrible. I hope it all gets sorted out for you.

It is shocking that the soloution suggested was an outside authority and worse still that they suggested it within the first few minutes.

If you hear back from a supervisor i think your main focus should be on the reliance of incorrect information and missing relevant information. Don't let them control the direction of the conversation and keep coming back to those points. If they do not ring back, just ring the call centre again and hope you get someone different. Is there a place where you can talk to someone from customer relations face-to-face or not? If so, and if you have the time I hope you can talk to someone to have a better chance of success with your claim.

Good Luck.

Jen

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #3
EviLkarL
Ausfactor.com

I'm interested into the reasons why a warranty claim would be rejects by FPV. What was the nature of the warranty Claim?
EviLkarL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Yeah....... you hear this all the time

Big companies trying to F&#K over people, they they go public or call the local talk back station and a representative of the company says that the matter will be reviewed etc etc etc and most times its resolved in the favour of the customer....

I once had an issue with an insurance claim....... i could see that i was getting the run around, so when i called for the millionth time i didnt waste any time, i asked for the supervisor and then just asked for the name and office phone number for their legal representation for the business,

The supervisor asked why did i need this info? And i replied that my claim had been tossed around for a month with still no firm results. I aslo added that my brother in Law was a Lawyer and he would be taking up the situation from this point.

The Supervisor all of a sudden took an interest in me, put me on hold then said he would call me back (and to wait for his call b4 i took it further)

Was fixed in 2 days...

But again..... why the hell does it need to come to this???

Good luck with your issue, if you think you have been done over and you strongly believe that you are in the right then threaten to go public.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Yeah....... you hear this all the time

Big companies trying to F&#K over people, they they go public or call the local talk back station and a representative of the company says that the matter will be reviewed etc etc etc and most times its resolved in the favour of the customer....

Not all Car Companies are the same bud, I'm actually a Breakdown Network Service Provider for the likes of MB, BMW, Porsche, Alfa, Citroen the list goes on, I see this kind of thing all the time (well maybe not exactly but you get my point).

I have never heard of this kind of arrogance from any of the clients, even when I spoke to some of the call centre staf last night they couldn't believe that I was responded to in this manner. So as for ways and means to go about things I have it from pretty much the best sources availabe lol. They couldn't believe that there was no one within the call centre that could actually try to resolve or at the least look into the issue as all of the ones mentioned above have an avenue of appeal if you like within the call centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChick
It is shocking that the soloution suggested was an outside authority and worse still that they suggested it within the first few minutes
That's what threw me and caused me to forget certain key faults in there argument, oh well see what happens Monday I guess.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #6
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I hope you have better luck on Monday mate, more so I wonder how many other people this is happening too.

Customer Service Centre my left nut, what an absolute disgrace
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #7
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I hope you have better luck on Monday mate, more so I wonder how many other people this is happening too.

Customer Service Centre my left nut, what an absolute disgrace
And I wonder how many people this happens too and you never hear about it.

And some companies wonder why people never buy a product again. an Utter discrase.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Keep fighting mate...

Howver if you have mods (apart from cosmetic) if does make it harder...

I would keep on them, and do not stop... In the end you will win....

Tip, documents absolutely everything, and I mean eveything.....
If it goes tirbunal / consumer this will help you immensely....

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #9
RATT

Quote:
What is the actual problem with the car?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #10
XRQTR
TBA Customs

PM's sent RATT and EviLkarL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Quote:

What is the actual problem with the car?

I think he was a bit upset at my immediate query as to whether or not he could actually give me a satisfactory answer and how well he was equipped, in a technical/mechanical sense, to deal with such an issue.

Mind you his final argument was to look into my hand book and read the section on warranty and modifications, to which I asked how this modification had caused the problem and he repeatedly suggested I look in the hand book unable to give me any kind of answer other than the one scripted for him by Ford. It's frustrating dealing with incompetent people that are supposed to be their to aide and assist with your queries and problems, only to find yourself speaking to someone that is just filling in time and collecting a pay cheque.

Last edited by XRQTR; 02-12-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #11
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

... he repeatedly suggested I look in the hand book unable to give me any kind of answer other than the one scripted for him by Ford.
they are trained to be robots.

I would think management might have a problem with anyone who tries to resolve an issue by suggesting you take it to consumer affairs.
I often ask to speak to supervisors and have noticed more recently a reluctance from the initial contact to pass it on. I think the operators are more concerned about how it reflects on them.
If you don't already, remember to *always* ask for a name. As soon as you do it becomes more personal. I actually think those you speak to should provide an employment ID so they can be identified if needed. Make notes of the conversation straight after-wards and include a date and a time and the name.
They might be able to get you on a technicality here regardless of whether any modification could have had an effect. Hang in there - write a letter to management or really take it consumer affairs. If you do the latter say it was on the recommendation of "insert name" from the company.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #12
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Yes naturally not all big companies do this! If they did they will go out of business very fast.

However as others have mentioned, how many people would go through this every day, and because they are either ignorant of their rights or paths of appeal or just easily swayed or rolled over just say "Oh, ok" and leave it at that...

I plan to go into business next year, hopefully great customer service with common sense logic and handling of customer enquiries will give me the edge i need! time will tell
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #13
groops

Been there, Done that, in the process of taking Ford to Court to recover costs owed to me for a claim that should've been sorted out in warranty, but they waited till it died out of warranty to tell me that there was something wrong with it. $4500 later...I have a rebuilt engine, replaced the radiator...blah blah...good luck...stick it to them man...gotta stop big companies screwing the little people....

MG
groops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I won't judge Ford CRC until you tell us the problem.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #15
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Hey Falcon Coupe. I've had my own unbelievable experience with Ford CRC so I'm happy to judge for the both of us. They are the best salesmans Holden has ever had.

They should be lined up in front of the assembly workers and told they have to explain to them that it is their job to put them out of work, because thats what they are doing. For every customer they **** off, thats three sales gone from word of mouth, at the very least.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #16
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
You have pm, by your response you have either never had to deal with them or your questions have been easily answered.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #17
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
You have pm, by your response you have either never had to deal with them or your questions have been easily answered.
Thanks for the PM, i believe you have a legitimate complaint, good luck.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #18
XRchic
Hello

That is disgusting customer service, aside from the warranty issue. To be treated like that over the phone is a disgrace. I work in an organisation which has a lot of call centres and I know that the call centre staff in our workplace would have it a lot harder than at Ford CRC. Can you imagine answering phones for the ATO? The knowledge you have to have, the abuse you have to cop etc? And yet, there are MASSIVE rules and consequences about treating customers badly!!!!

That person just would not have done that at the ATO.

I have had contact with Ford CRC. They were not brilliant but not real bad either. I ended up getting nothing resolved, quite politely. I ended up writing a letter to David Flint and Geoff Polites (as many on here know) and suffice to say the problems were resolved and I was compensated.

It is terrible that we have to go this far to get things sorted out. We need lemon laws. I dont know if that would help in this case or not though.

All I can say is, stick with it, dont let them get away with it, keep records of conversations and contact.

Best of luck, let us know how you go.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #19
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not normally nosy but I too would like to know the reason for this issue to arise.
I beleive I could be in a position to offer some helpful advise if req.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #20
Fez WQ

Ay I have just had a ford fiesta replaced by ford it took a year of fighting publish it everywhere cc ford with everone you email. Darren is the head in CRC ask for him refuse to hang up or talk to anyone else and dont swear shout be hard and sure of what you say go to Consumer protection I did but always cc ford a copy of everything. Send a personal letter to tom Gorman. Need any help with what I did email me
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #21
Fez WQ

Buy a honda thats what I have done ford is my second choice car now untill there service improves
Old 02-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #22
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a similar sort of run-in with the customer 'service' centre at the Commonwealth bank a few years ago. I wasted an hour on the phone, went through 3 levels of 'management' and when i threatened to take my business elsewhere after 14 years, the senior manager replied "no problem, loosing one customer doesn't really matter" : I was absolutely stunned. I went into the bank the next day and closed absolutely everything. I'll never do any business with them again.

The moral of the story - fight hard, try your best to win the battle and take your business elsewhere. They're an absolute pack of a**holes.. and then the morons wonder why their market share is declining
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #23
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no doubt that the CRC has been implemented by FORD to put a barrier between drivers and FORD. They don't want consumers ringing FORD directly.

CRC might be good for fixing small issues but when it comes to major items they are just the messenger between FORD and the consumer. Pointless.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #24
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I more suprised they told you to take it to Consumer Affairs. Most businesses want to steer clear of them.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #25
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tell them your a terrorist and have planted a bomb to go off if you don't get satisfaction...watch them jump through hoops!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #26
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Tell them your a terrorist and have planted a bomb to go off if you don't get satisfaction...watch them jump through hoops!
And then look out the window to see the pretty lights and the funny dressed men carrying big thunder sticks, hahahaha :
Old 03-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #27
070mstg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I more suprised they told you to take it to Consumer Affairs. Most businesses want to steer clear of them.
yes but so many people think its a good threat to get what they want.we get it occasionally at my work,( car electronics) that are broken and out of warranty.sorry but electronics break and if it out of warranty we're not obligated to help.so people try shouting,getting agro or the consumer affair threat. my brothers work (similar deal,electronic repairs) actually kept cards from consumer affairs on the counter,so if someone said 'i'll take this to consumer affairs' they'd hand them a card, no one ever did follow through with the threat.and no these arent dodgey businesses, just some people expect more than they are entitled to.

but yes in general i cant say that we can agree/disagree with your claim/argument against ford unless we know some details,someone mentioned the car was modded?
i'm sure that they have worded their warranty so that performance mods probably do legally void warranties.surely they wouldnt be so arrogant in their attitude unless they feel 'they have something against you' in regards to your claim

sure they could cover it out of good will but may not have to.and may not want to if its a big claim
070mstg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #28
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 070mstg
yes but so many people think its a good threat to get what they want.
You have obviously not read, misread or just misunderstood, I DID NOT threaten them with Consumer affairs, I simply asked them who I could speak to in order to resolve the issue, THEY advised ME to call Consumer Affairs.

It was right at the beginning of the conversation, I asked if the person on the phone was a. qualified and b. capable (high enough in the chain) of resolving the issue, he said no so I asked who I could speak to and that was the response that I got.

And EviLkarL, no I would not pay the bill, mainly because a dealership would not let you take the car without payment unless some other arrangement was made to pay at a later date. Also I would assume that they would have written on your invoice something to the effect that the service was a no fee job. Check your paperwork.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #29
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
The moral of the story - fight hard, try your best to win the battle and take your business elsewhere. They're an absolute pack of a**holes.. and then the morons wonder why their market share is declining
Funny enough Fords market share (in australia) isn't declining, it actually has increased from last year.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #30
Fez WQ

consumer protection cannot do a thing Ford is too big unless you have a lawyer that is bigger than ford