Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-11-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Exclamation Price protection, are FORD shafting us?????? - ie cashback

So you've just bought your new FORD, maybe it was a Territory, or a falcon or a Fiesta yeah, so NOW they go and decide to give people cashback, like 3k for a territory yeah, well that has just destroyed your resale value right? By at least 3k? I don't know about this one, but it seems that the people who bought their car in the months up to November when this deal started are getting the raw end of the deal because now the 52k "SUV" they bought has had it's resale slashed by another 5%...

To me, I'm not sure, I mean if I buy a car I'm not gonna sell it right away, so the 5% means exactly balls, but I know some people might turn over their car more regularly and talking to a few people who have had this happen to them, they are really peeved.

How responsible shoudl FORD be? :lookedat: : OR any other manufacturer for that matter, even holden emplyee pricing, how ****ed would you be (aside from teh fact that you just bought a holden) that Jo Schmo who was a few weeks later than you saved a couple a grand???

42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:11 PM   #2
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

it happens with everything cars ,electrical goods computers and all things that have an updated model its a part of life get used to it and it will happen again

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It's part and parcel of buying a car.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its **** raping coz there were already huge bonus's on both Falcons and Territories anyways... I say they should have kept it to Retail less cash back, rather then retail less dealer bonus to sell stock, less cash back...

Its only coz of holden and there stupid employee pricing.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:18 PM   #5
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

I tend to agree with you, it just makes me wonder though how much is too far you know? It's like what seems to be a general concensus on this forum and that is that often (though it would be unfair to say always) once they have your money they aren't too keen to look after you?

My experience has only been with second hand fords, so I don't really know. I guess it's like buying just before a runout though???
Old 28-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #6
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Second hand market a dogs breakfast. I feel sorry for the people who missed the dip in prices and copped the peak, but is like the property market. Some gain, where those that lose money on used cars will balance that loss with the decrease in price. I did well, got a turbo optioned on road for 40K!! :
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:39 PM   #7
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Go on, go round up all the people who paid less for their new car than you did and complain. You will get laughed at. You have to have rocks in your head to buy a brand spanker anyway, and even more so if you are going to winge about depreciation and cash back offers.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:41 PM   #8
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Go on, go round up all the people who paid less for their new car than you did and complain. You will get laughed at. You have to have rocks in your head to buy a brand spanker anyway, and even more so if you are going to winge about depreciation and cash back offers.

I wanted to test the water... thank you for putting it so elegantly
Old 28-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Damn theres always a smartarse that has to make some comment isnt there...

Bit one eyed i think, one minute your telling us that that we will get laughed at then your saying people who buy new cars have rocks in their head. Make up your mind.

As for having rocks in our heads, maybe some of us can justify buying new cars for the fact that we enjoy them! As for depreciation we all know that the **** falls out of them the minute you sign the order, but thats not the point. The point here is that Ford and Holden are doing stupid things just to keep ahead of one another, a brand new XR6 for $32,000 is a joke! they were selling well at $35,000 and still allowing yards to sell low kay used ones for around the 30 k mark easily, now they have to give the second hand ones away coz Ford wants to rip up money!
Old 28-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #10
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na

Bit one eyed i think, one minute your telling us that that we will get laughed at then your saying people who buy new cars have rocks in their head. Make up your mind.

As for having rocks in our heads, maybe some of us can justify buying new cars for the fact that we enjoy them! As for depreciation we all know that the **** falls out of them the minute you sign the order, but thats not the point. The point here is that Ford and Holden are doing stupid things just to keep ahead of one another, a brand new XR6 for $32,000 is a joke! they were selling well at $35,000 and still allowing yards to sell low kay used ones for around the 30 k mark easily, now they have to give the second hand ones away coz Ford wants to rip up money!
I think it's harsh for a Manufacturer FORD or otherwise to do it, but I also think that if it happens to you then perhaps you have to wear it? I'd love a shiny new GTP :evilking: but I know that it's always going to lose money unless you keep it for 50 years and only drive it on weekends. It's a pretty tough one though, to be honest i think if you were a shrewd customer and didn't let a sales person F%&^ you around you'd be able to get a similair price before cash back offers etc.
Old 28-11-2005, 11:55 PM   #11
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42.57lb
I think it's harsh for a Manufacturer FORD or otherwise to do it, but I also think that if it happens to you then perhaps you have to wear it? I'd love a shiny new GTP :evilking: but I know that it's always going to lose money unless you keep it for 50 years and only drive it on weekends. It's a pretty tough one though, to be honest i think if you were a shrewd customer and didn't let a sales person F%&^ you around you'd be able to get a similair price before cash back offers etc.
Everything thing is on special if you wait your time, cars, tv's, holidays you name it. some people are patient others want it now.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #12
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but run out deals and the like have been going on for years. It's not as if they just started. Buy a new car by all means, but don't whinge about the resale falling through because of these offers, they have been going on for ages.
Old 29-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #13
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but run out deals and the like have been going on for years. It's not as if they just started. Buy a new car by all means, but don't whinge about the resale falling through because of these offers, they have been going on for ages.
yep . agreed . why would you pay full price for a superseeded or soon to be superseeded model.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Um yeh, like no dooh!!

Im not disputing the fact that there has always been runout deals, the point im trying to make however is that the amount in which they are discounting the cars is unwarranted when they already had a 5 grand bonus on them before the 2 grand cash back! The silly part was they forgot to advertise this then got scared when Holden introduced employee discounts to all customers so they had to bring this 2 k cash back deal out to satisfy customers.

As for me, i dont really give a s hi t about losing money on my car because I bought it for the right money 12 months ago anyways (fleet discount is a beautiful thing) and afterall its only plastic, I certainly wont lose any sleep over it, i just think its a poor way to run a business when you have a good product that could sell well if the right marketing medians were chosen, lets face it the BA Falcon hasn't been selling that well in the last 12 months, and it is a good car compared to the opposition, even blind freddy could work that out.

Anyways id rather have rocks in my head then a hole in the right *** pocket of my jeans. :
Old 29-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #15
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Um yeh, like no dooh!!

Im not disputing the fact that there has always been runout deals, the point im trying to make however is that the amount in which they are discounting the cars is unwarranted when they already had a 5 grand bonus on them before the 2 grand cash back! The silly part was they forgot to advertise this then got scared when Holden introduced employee discounts to all customers so they had to bring this 2 k cash back deal out to satisfy customers.

As for me, i dont really give a s hi t about losing money on my car because I bought it for the right money 12 months ago anyways (fleet discount is a beautiful thing) and afterall its only plastic, I certainly wont lose any sleep over it, i just think its a poor way to run a business when you have a good product that could sell well if the right marketing medians were chosen, lets face it the BA Falcon hasn't been selling that well in the last 12 months, and it is a good car compared to the opposition, even blind freddy could work that out.

Anyways id rather have rocks in my head then a hole in the right *** pocket of my jeans. :
So you're saying the BA is selling poorly, the new model is just out but Ford can't discount them to clear them as they are already discounted?

If you don't care about your resale why are you complaining about how Ford are discounting their cars?
Old 29-11-2005, 12:33 AM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So you're saying the BA is selling poorly, the new model is just out but Ford can't discount them to clear them as they are already discounted?

If you don't care about your resale why are you complaining about how Ford are discounting their cars?
Because it hurts the industry, thats why it annoys me!
Old 29-11-2005, 12:33 AM   #17
RATT

Quote:
Um yeh, like no dooh!!

Im not disputing the fact that there has always been runout deals, the point im trying to make however is that the amount in which they are discounting the cars is unwarranted when they already had a 5 grand bonus on them before the 2 grand cash back!
I'll have to correct you there mate. It was $2500 not $5000.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #18
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Dealers in Qld were doing XR6 NAs for $34880 on the Road Drive away before the $2,000 cash back, Do the sums, if you look at Retail pricing plus on roads theres $5000 off. which i see your now selling them for around that mark now..

Dealers In QLD are now advertising them betwen $32,000 and $32,888 depending on how hungry they are..

This includes Fairmonts Ghias/ Fairlanes Etc as the bonus's do vary between models.
Old 29-11-2005, 03:52 PM   #19
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
$2500 on 05 models, $5000 on 04 models.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #20
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:

Erm....

(1) you will get laughed at for buying a new car
(2) the reason for the laughter is the rocks in your head.
(3) all laughing regarding the purchase of a new car will only commence once whinging regarding resale or people getting better deals commences.

(4) Have a cry

Old 29-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #21
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Erm....

(3) all laughing regarding the purchase of a new car will only commence once whinging regarding resale or people getting better deals commences.

(4) Have a cry
i've bought a few new cars . no ones ever laughed at me for it . i have bought lots of 2nd hand cars . many have sympathised at the amount of work i've had to do fixing them up . you honestly think 2nd hand cars are sold because people just want a change . only about 1 in 20.
Old 29-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #22
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i've bought a few new cars . no ones ever laughed at me for it . i have bought lots of 2nd hand cars . many have sympathised at the amount of work i've had to do fixing them up . you honestly think 2nd hand cars are sold because people just want a change . only about 1 in 20.
See step 3

Old 29-11-2005, 12:18 AM   #23
RATT

Quote:
Erm....

(4) Have a cry
So what you're saying is that a good portion of members on this site have rocks in their head, right?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:24 AM   #24
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
So what you're saying is that a good portion of members on this site have rocks in their head, right?
read step 3

Old 29-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
read step 3
:

Lets all go buy second hand cars just so this fool wont laugh at us... I think we are the ones laughing at you :voldar02:
Old 29-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #26
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Erm....

(4) Have a cry

(1)... But hey, ain't it a buzz having the VERY 1st of a brand spanker in your area? (Read: smirks of jealousy rather than laughter)
(2)... Maybe only ROCKS left in your bank account (but WTF)
(3)... Truer words never spoken (It's typical human nature) (Read: smirks of jealousy)
(4) Done plenty of THAT!! (especially after a certain Pursuit)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:46 PM   #27
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

mate have your own bussiness and it might allow you to buy new and get all the tax benifits

next topic investment properties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #28
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree, it is a total rip off. FORD are bastards as should be shot......

What FORD should do is not release any new models untill all of the old ones are sold.

Or better still, don't manufacture any cars until payment in full up front is received.
No demos, no floor stock......

Hey why not make each new model less powerful, less safe and rougher than the previous, that way they will always sell all the old ones.

No one need new technology, the old stuff worked great.....

I hope someone can read this because my 80386 with 2 Mb ram and Windows 3.0 gives my 2400 baud modem an absolute flogging. I am going to buy a new one but every time I chose a model it gets supersceded and discouned.
Maybe I will just go and watch a movie on my Beta video (shame about the limited choice). If anyone wants to discuss this further I will charge up my analog phone and wait for the call.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #29
gtfpv
GT

most customers will pay more on these specials . when there are no specials if you are persistant you will save more than any cash back scheem
Old 29-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #30
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Which industry exactly, and how? It's not hurting new cars because Ford are obviously still making money and cars.