Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Default People with no respect

Sorry guys but i have to vent or im gonna smash something.
Some has decided to park next to me at monbulk yesterday and open there door on my car and peeled some paint off. Why do i bother trying to look after my car when theres out there that cant even respect someone else's property!
Its not the first time. The last time was 3 weeks before xmas some stupid walked past my car with her bag and dragged it down the side.
The thing thats really me off is the fact that where i parked was near no1 else. It wasnt even lined. So you dont have to park right next to any1. And when i walked back to the car i saw the red hump of sh#t and thought to myself 'i should check my left hand side'. But i told myself that there was heaps of room and there was no way that they could of hit me. So i got in the car without checking. I started the car and thought again. 'mm i should check my left hand side'. But nah it should be alright i said.
So i walk out the front door this morning. The mrs goes to jump in the car and screams. I run up thinking theres a spider. Nah.. There it is. A nice red mark down the side and paint peeled back.

F6 R Spec #130 Winter White 6 Speed Manual. 373rwkws on 16psi

Last edited by RG; 14-01-2009 at 09:52 AM.
OvaKil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I understand that you are peeved but please don't evade the swear filter again, I'm going to have to edit that first post now.

People suck and people with such little respect for other peoples prized possessions need to be dealt with harshly. Drawn and quatered harshly.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People have little respect when it comes to cars. I was parked once, sitting in the car and this woman pulls up next to me in Corolla and opened her car door (quite hard) into mine. She looked around (didnt think to look IN my car) then as no one had seen her she hurried off to the shops. Just so happened the car I was in was going to the big graveyard of the wreckers soon (so I didnt really care) - so I proceeded to slam the absolute bejeesus out of my door into the side of her car about four of five times leaving some nice crease marks. I felt much better after that.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

man thats nasty accident or not... if i see your car parked i will make sure my car is parked in the next suburb just in case...
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon
man thats nasty accident or not... if i see your car parked i will make sure my car is parked in the next suburb just in case...
just incase what? someone opened the door onto his car???
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes87
just incase what? someone opened the door onto his car???
sorry just saw what you ment.
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
People have little respect when it comes to cars. I was parked once, sitting in the car and this woman pulls up next to me in Corolla and opened her car door (quite hard) into mine. She looked around (didnt think to look IN my car) then as no one had seen her she hurried off to the shops. Just so happened the car I was in was going to the big graveyard of the wreckers soon (so I didnt really care) - so I proceeded to slam the absolute bejeesus out of my door into the side of her car about four of five times leaving some nice crease marks. I felt much better after that.
That makes me feel better just knowing that you gave it back.

Old 14-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That is gold :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

lol! i think that is completely deserved if she parked a fair distance away but still managed to throw out her door that hard as to scratch your car... i just cant fathom why people do such things, i know myself i would never do that to anyone for no good reason.
you can tell some people have never had a nice car in their life because if they did they would understand and just simply be careful its not that hard
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I feel for ya Ovakil. These scum should be made accountable. One thing I like to do is take the POS laser my mrs drives to the shops. The paint on it is crap to put it nicely and my mrs doesnt care if it gets scratched. (she does care if she scratches someone elses car and leaves a note if it happens) But at at least she doesnt feel bad if her car gets damaged.

merlin - I would have loved to have the seen the girls face when she walked back to the car afterwards. LOL

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I feel for ya Ovakil. These scum should be made accountable. One thing I like to do is take the POS laser my mrs drives to the shops. The paint on it is crap to put it nicely and my mrs doesnt care if it gets scratched. (she does care if she scratches someone elses car and leaves a note if it happens) But at at least she doesnt feel bad if her car gets damaged.

merlin - I would have loved to have the seen the girls face when she walked back to the car afterwards. LOL
I dont think it matters what car ya drive really. People should still respect it enough not to damage it. If i pull up next to and old car with dents all down the side i dont push my door against it. Its just disrespectful. I dont park next to old cars for that reason coz you can see they dont care about there own car you just know there not gonna care abt yours.
My old lady has had her porsch for a abt 3 years now and she parks it everywhere.... Not one dent. Not one scratch. People see the badge and stay clear. Why cant they do it with all cars.

Old 14-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvaKil
I dont think it matters what car ya drive really. People should still respect it enough not to damage it. If i pull up next to and old car with dents all down the side i dont push my door against it. Its just disrespectful. I dont park next to old cars for that reason coz you can see they dont care about there own car you just know there not gonna care abt yours.
My old lady has had her porsch for a abt 3 years now and she parks it everywhere.... Not one dent. Not one scratch. People see the badge and stay clear. Why cant they do it with all cars.
I agree with ya there mate, respect isnt a hard thing to show, but you cant control peoples behavior so I personally dont worry when I have a car just as crap as theirs.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 14-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #13
Defiant

All you can do is put the boot into their door if their still there.
Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant
All you can do is put the boot into their door if their still there.
Thats really intelligent, what if the person who has done the damage has driven off and someone else has come along and parked there and your kicking the bejesus out of there car
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #15
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The best way to park in a big car park if you must with your good car is to park sideways in 3 spots!, no one does a thing!, well they havn't to me yet lol, if i need to go to the shops 99% of the time i take my 4WD or the missuses car instead of the XR8 lol!
Old 14-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #16
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
The best way to park in a big car park if you must with your good car is to park sideways in 3 spots!, no one does a thing!, well they havn't to me yet lol, if i need to go to the shops 99% of the time i take my 4WD or the missuses car instead of the XR8 lol!
Sad but very true.. its the only way.. i never go into a car park or even leave the car out of my site... take the everyday car...its a shame we have to be like this but its the only solution... at the end of they day the our cars are made for driving not parking...
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

man..... I can have a field day with this thread to vent stuff I mean really really alot - but lets try to keep it car related

some time ago this lady in a new car (still had manuf. plates) so extremely new comes up parks beside me and belts my old car (ZL f/lane) hitting it in the chromework over the wheel arch I decide to just watch and see what she does - I adjust rearview to see wtf better, she embedded the edge her door into my car (very big hit) then pulled it out checked her car meticulously not even giving my car a glance and proceded to walk away. In my raged state I got out the car at which time she turned seen me and instantly sprouted "theres no damage I checked" to which I replied quite angrily "no damage to your car perhaps, you didn't even look at mine" this woman crapped herself at my anger and proceded to say "your car is old anyway.......". And with that I lost it and said "The age of the car is irrelevant it is someone elses' property give me your address and I go dent your house - how does that sound?" and with that she decided to abandon her business and get in her car and leave.

on a separate occasion @ supermarket :

firstly I never park in supermarket carparks I park away on the street or anywhere but supermarket carpark. On this day which is not unlike any other I did that and shopping was nearing completion so I ducked out supermarket to get car and bring closer to loadup shopping into boot. So off I go get car roll all my windows down and crank the tunes and drive back to supermarket carpark. I find a park and sit there listening to radio quite loudly and this woman comes out supermarket carrying bags shopping and approaces the car parked beside me. Opens the door and bends over into backseat to put shopping in BANG hits my car then pulls out car and dives in again with more shopping BANG again. I get out car and this woman shreiks "whats wrong" "you hit my car with your door twice" "I did not I never ever do that" "well sorry to shatter your illusion but you did" and I point at the clearly visible paint exchange area and at my paint on her door at which time she goes "It's not my fault they make the carparks so small nowadays its fine don't worry about it" again I lost it like really bad and said "you will be paying for the damage to my car" she goes "its just a little scratch cost what $50 to fix, I wouldn't worry about it" I jotted down her registration gave it to my insurance company with pictures of the damage to my car, as best as I can tell she damaged my car quite severely and cost her in excess of $800 to fix it - lets hope she learns

On the work front :

Security guards @ pubs are not your "mate" no it wont "be right" and no you can't leave with your drinks because despite what you may think you are not above the rules and laws of society. Also a pub/club is a workplace for the barstaff and security and at the end of the night they want to GO HOME like anybody else when they finish work. Don't keep them hanging around you are NOT doing them favours and no they don't earn extra $ or overtime because you are nursing your drink with a whole .20c worth of booze in it.

I feel better now getting that stuff out, especially the work stuff.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
On the work front :

Security guards @ pubs are not your "mate" no it wont "be right" and no you can't leave with your drinks because despite what you may think you are not above the rules and laws of society. Also a pub/club is a workplace for the barstaff and security and at the end of the night they want to GO HOME like anybody else when they finish work. Don't keep them hanging around you are NOT doing them favours and no they don't earn extra $ or overtime because you are nursing your drink with a whole .20c worth of booze in it.

I feel better now getting that stuff out, especially the work stuff.
I feel your pain, really I do.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
ch33z1l
Dawn

You could always park over 2 parking bays....Solves the problem...but a little immoral.

Sorry to hear about your car mate. Happens to me all the time. Some are so blazen, they bang the door on the panels while your sitting in the car!
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
You could always park over 2 parking bays....Solves the problem...but a little immoral.

Sorry to hear about your car mate. Happens to me all the time. Some are so blazen, they bang the door on the panels while your sitting in the car!
Thats wat is driving me nuts. I normaly park further down and park over 4 places. But yesterday was hot and there was no one around so i parked behind the bank where theres no lines.

Old 14-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #21
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Oxygen theiving #$%#%^#%#%#%$ out: , makes me so angry that people dont care enough to even apologize for it even if it was an accident. My missus doesnt understand why I say that I wont take my F6 to the shops until I got a little trolley dent in one of my rear doors, mate did I go off!!!! So sopping trips are banned in the F6, but unfortunately the missus BAII XR6 is in great condition too and its only a matter of time that will cop the Door/trolley incidents so I solved that one and bought a Hilux 4wd that I really dont give a flying one if it gets dented/scratched, worse will happen when I take it off road :evilsasmo
Old 14-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #22
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Problem is a know a guy who keyed a car cause it took up two spots. So you gotta be careful with that.

Sorry to hear about the F6, but all I know is that if your going to the shops and you dont want somthing to happen to your car better get a crappy daily. You cant keep a car dint free these days...unfortunatly.
Old 14-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #23
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

My father does this all the time! However, he usually gets something in return for his efforts. He's had chocolate milk tipped on his car, nasty notes, eggs and the list goes on. He is not fazed by all this, he just doesn't want a dent!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #24
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
While I understand the reasoning behind this, you need to be careful doing this. It shows everyone around that you have the same disregard for others as dinting the car door of the guy parked next to you.

I mean, how would you feel if you were driving around a shopping centre carpark attempting to find a park to do your shopping, yet while circulating around said carpark for the last 30 minutes, you have driven past some tool who was taking up several!
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
While I understand the reasoning behind this, you need to be careful doing this. It shows everyone around that you have the same disregard for others as dinting the car door of the guy parked next to you.

I mean, how would you feel if you were driving around a shopping centre carpark attempting to find a park to do your shopping, yet while circulating around said carpark for the last 30 minutes, you have driven past some tool who was taking up several!
I agree. I have seen some cars get keyed just for doing this alone especially in a busy shopping centre car park.

I reckon if you wanna reduce the risk of any damage, dont park in those shopping centre carparks and park down some side street instead.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 17-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #26
xpvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I agree. I have seen some cars get keyed just for doing this alone especially in a busy shopping centre car park.

I reckon if you wanna reduce the risk of any damage, dont park in those shopping centre carparks and park down some side street instead.
I tried to do that once by not parking in a busy carpark,I parked about 400 metres from the nearest car in a side street,but it attracted a learner driver school car teaching his pupil how to reverse park - one RH guard got crushed in the process!

A few people across the road saw it happen & told me it was a white ....driving school car.I rang the company & they said that their teachers are subcontractors(they have 15 & all the cars are white) & use their own cars - I wish the people had taken the rego number instead!
xpvanman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #27
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay

I only ever park over 2 spots when theres heaps of spots around coz it stops them parking next to you for no reason. And when i do it i park at the furthest away from the entrance to the shops.

Old 14-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #28
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

omg thats funny~!!!!!!!!
cheek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #29
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The laws of parking:

Regardless of where you park including the middle of the Strezlecki desert one of the following situations will take place.

1) Some moron in a piece of junk will park 3 inches from you and open their door into you
2) A different moron and his 67 mates will park next to you a cover your car with dirt, fingerprints, cigarette butts and drool
3) If there is one way traffic a moron in a 4wd will park on the oncoming side and have the back of his vehicle sticking out so there is no chance whatsover of you seeing oncoming traffic
4) If there is driveway going to a busy road a moron in a 4wd will always park in the road space closest to driveway so as to block any view of oncoming traffic.

Feel free to add more......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #30
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The laws of parking:

Regardless of where you park including the middle of the Strezlecki desert one of the following situations will take place.

1) Some moron in a piece of junk will park 3 inches from you and open their door into you
2) A different moron and his 67 mates will park next to you a cover your car with dirt, fingerprints, cigarette butts and drool
3) If there is one way traffic a moron in a 4wd will park on the oncoming side and have the back of his vehicle sticking out so there is no chance whatsover of you seeing oncoming traffic
4) If there is driveway going to a busy road a moron in a 4wd will always park in the road space closest to driveway so as to block any view of oncoming traffic.

Feel free to add more......
What is it with that?

Ive often parked considerable distance from the shops and other vehicles on the other side of a car park only to return to find it flanked by 2 S/boxes either side.. usually "hugging" the marked line... miles from everyone else, car park still empty... its like your car attracts piles of junk!!!!