Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
LXL15

Default Stuck CD Removal

Hey guys,

I was just trying to get some CDs that had come loose out of my stock CD stacker by just pulling the whole thing out and hoping they would just fall out (which obviously didn't work). Had no trouble getting the unit out, it was quite easy once I figured it out. But once I got it out, I saw this sticker on the back, and was wondering if it means I should buy another one?

If not, what bits can I undo to get the CDs out? Or should I just get it fixed by someone else?

Cheers,
LXL15

LXL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
T3man
Banned

Undo the two screws holding the face on (they are on the side of the unit towards the front) - then it needs a bit of a tug to release it as there are a couple of multipin plugs. Then you undo the two screws at the top on the back of the unit so you can release the top metal cover. Once it is off you will see into the mechanism and VERY CAREFULLY you can work the jammed CD up to the top and slide it out the chute. Sometimes not - so then you have to pull the platters/mechanism (the plastic CD holders) physically upwards along the metal slides until it is right off them - there are springs working against you trying to pull the mechanism back down so be wery wery caweful! It helps if you have someone with you as it is tricky trying to hold the mechanism off the pins and not lose it's alignment while you release the CD. You'll kinda understand what I'm saying once you attempt it.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

If your in Melb Sth.east call in to ASL site sponsor and Fadi will get them out in 2 sec for you

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
LXL15

Sweet thanks guys,

I already undid the face and the screws at the back of the unit, but my top cover didn't budge. It kinda looked like it had been spot-welded or soldered on. I tried to lever it off with a screwdriver to no avail. Guess Fadi is my next call!

Cheers again
Old 06-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
T3man
Banned

The top is held by some small metal tangs - as long as you've undone the correct two screws on the back (there are 4 so just undo them all it won't matter) you then prise it up with a small screwdriver.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
LXL15

Okay so I took the unit out again and realised that last time I hadn't actually had the face off and the two back screws undone at the same time, I just did one, put them back on, then did the other. So now it all works! Woo! They've been stuck in there for close to seven months, and it only took 30mins to get it all working again.

Such a relief...thanks guys (especially T3man)
Old 07-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #7
T3man
Banned

All good then. After some practice you can do it in 5 mins.