Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
79FordEsky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default SAD!!! Ford XR GT on ebay

This is really sad to see a genuine gt like this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALC...#ht_620wt_1271

My Survivor 1 owner XC Wagon
Check it Out
79FordEsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: SAD!!! Ford XR GT on ebay

From the photos it doesnt look to be terminal..... wonder how much we're not seeing....
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Tickford Rebel
Youngling

Thats a ten year resto... I praise the winner for there dedication, personally I'm to impatient and wouldn't touch it..
Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

That's an expensive radiator support panel
Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no its not sad.. what's sad is if it ended up at the tip or sims.. there are nutters that can and do bring them back to life..
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
no its not sad.. what's sad is if it ended up at the tip or sims.. there are nutters that can and do bring them back to life..
^this

Hopefully we get to see some photos of the finished product in 5-10 years
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What about the nutter that couldn't be bothered at very least throwing a tarp over it when he decided to turn It into a garden ordinate
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
What about the nutter that couldn't be bothered at very least throwing a tarp over it when he decided to turn It into a garden ordinate
I always lol@comments like this.. so many experts on other peoples life circumstances..
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I always lol@comments like this.. so many experts on other peoples life circumstances..
I should rephrase
Any able bodied sane person with $20.00 at their diposal can tie a large sheet of plastic over it to try and keep a little of the weather off it

Better ?
4 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to have an XR falcon 500 with a warm 289 and really i loved it, but...........even being a GT i wouldn't be that that keen to buy that one, very surprising to see 23 bidders so far.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #11
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any body with an xr falcon should be making sure its locked up good , just saying
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Looks to have some chassis numbers etc. XR GT. Compliance plate?. The rest can go in the bin.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #13
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesn't look terminal to me. Once it's cleaned up and blasted. I've seen much much worse restored.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
kate648

Ohh I remember this seller.. seen some similar cars of his before.. sent him a message abusing him ... HOW THE **** COULD YOU LET THAT HAPPEN!?!? haha. Yeah, that ***** me.
kate648 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
MrEL
Sick Puppy

It was stolen in 68 and recovered in 71 stripped.
Had it been sitting in a paddock for the 3 years and was fairly well rooted at the time and had just been chucked out the back due to lack of interest or a broken heart?
People who are really passionate about things do strange stuff when someone else wrecks their gear.
Maybe the original owner just didn't want to see it.
It always a crack up how the tossers rear their heads with stupid comments and expert advice every time a GT is discussed.
The amount of people that have their hand on it now days about GT's make me have absolutely no desire what so ever to own another one.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
Had it been sitting in a paddock for the 3 years and was fairly well rooted at the time and had just been chucked out the back due to lack of interest or a broken heart?
People who are really passionate about things do strange stuff when someone else wrecks their gear.
It always a crack up how the tossers rear their heads with stupid comments and expert advice every time a GT is discussed.
The amount of people that have their hand on it now days about GT's make me have absolutely no desire what so ever to own another one.
For me its not so much about GT's its more about looking after your possessions regardless of what they are provided you are in a position to do so of course

We all work hard to by cars, houses etc so if you are able to, why wouldnt you look after them as best as your circumstances allow

I've got a 27 year old paint job on my car and everyone that has seen it is blown away ........there is a reason why it looks the way it does
I'm like that with every thing I own and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Any way sad to see any classic car neglected not just GT's
Old 02-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you want to see tossers you should try selling a GT nowadays. Brings em all out...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #18
jamies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T View Post
If you want to see tossers you should try selling a GT nowadays. Brings em all out...
Ha ha Too true, I've just sold a 68 XT I was doing up, the amount of stupid phone calls, questions and offers astounded me.... So I'd hate to be trying to sell a GT.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just read the buyer's questions and it seems the seller won't lety anyone inspect the car? Says it's unfair to those thatr live far away.

WTF?

While it looks OK no way i'd be buying a GT without a thorough inspection. XR GT wreck is probably worth $5K, any other XR wreck is probably worth a few hundred dollars.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #20
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think the one thing most have not considered is just because it is a GT doesn't mean it had any real value back then when it was parked after all, the current model now had a 351 Clevo, was faster and in the end became what ended up being the most desirable.

Consider this, the "supercar" scare era was still a year away and the fuel crisis was another two and ADR 76 which crippled any real power gains from a factory V8 was still another five years away as well and of course the next Generation V8 Falcon would ultimately come as a two door coupe if that took your fancy. Times were good and this was an era when it was easy to market the next model as more desirable than the last and there was no way of knowing that it would not always be like this back then. This car as far as cars go was easily replaced back in 1971 and how do we even know that the owner did not actually do this with a GTHO or 350 Monaro, just because he could?

Hind sight is a wonderful thing but this car sadly was parked as a wreck in a time when you could buy a much better replacement brand new, it is as simple as that and after all, this car could easily have been a HR Holden Premier or even a Toyota Crown and if so, would anyone be bothered having the same discussion today?

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud View Post
I think the one thing most have not considered is just because it is a GT doesn't mean it had any real value back then when it was parked after all, the current model now had a 351 Clevo, was faster and in the end became what ended up being the most desirable.

Consider this, the "supercar" scare era was still a year away and the fuel crisis was another two and ADR 76 which crippled any real power gains from a factory V8 was still another five years away as well and of course the next Generation V8 Falcon would ultimately come as a two door coupe if that took your fancy. Times were good and this was an era when it was easy to market the next model as more desirable than the last and there was no way of knowing that it would not always be like this back then. This car as far as cars go was easily replaced back in 1971 and how do we even know that the owner did not actually do this with a GTHO or 350 Monaro, just because he could?

Hind sight is a wonderful thing but this car sadly was parked as a wreck in a time when you could buy a much better replacement brand new, it is as simple as that and after all, this car could easily have been a HR Holden Premier or even a Toyota Crown and if so, would anyone be bothered having the same discussion today?

Bud Bud
Spot on mate.
gs1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #22
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Bud Bud
Best reply in this thread.

Lol @ everyone who keeps asking what reclaimable means in here and on eBay. Doesn't anyone own a dictionary anymore? And by dictionary, I mean Google.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #23
hankscorpio

anyone else spot that it's stamped JC instead of JG on the radiator support?
hankscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #24
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankscorpio View Post
anyone else spot that it's stamped JC instead of JG on the radiator support?

I'm sure it would all be legit, just ask the seller
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #25
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV414 View Post
Doesn't anyone own a dictionary anymore? And by dictionary, I mean Google.
you own a google do you - you got ripped, i use it for free
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Bud Bud
So true,but what annoys me ,is all the great people who parade how someone should or shouldn't look after their things
I wanna see people parading that the E series are dumped,scrapped at alarming rates,or that new breed of muscle cars depreciate that much that in 5,10 years they will be affordable that those with new full licence buy cheap and flog hard ....
So for 40 years this bloke had this garden ornament,and probably put life and family first ,shock horror someone who had priorities in life .....
Maybe he was one of those "One day " and finally realised that "one day" came and went
People carry on about old cars how they are disappearing, but they are getting crushed daily,yet no one stops it
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #27
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC View Post
So true,but what annoys me ,is all the great people who parade how someone should or shouldn't look after their things
I wanna see people parading that the E series are dumped,scrapped at alarming rates,or that new breed of muscle cars depreciate that much that in 5,10 years they will be affordable that those with new full licence buy cheap and flog hard ....
So for 40 years this bloke had this garden ornament,and probably put life and family first ,shock horror someone who had priorities in life .....
Maybe he was one of those "One day " and finally realised that "one day" came and went
People carry on about old cars how they are disappearing, but they are getting crushed daily,yet no one stops it
thing people have too realise that ALL cars will eventually be destroyed. nothing is forever as sad as it is. there all destined for scrap eventually
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

See the questions

Quote:
Q: Can you get it back on the road if so can I pay it off over a couple of months. And is it going to be a roller.
hahaha what the hell?
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #29
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of the questions being asked just proves to me that most ebay car buyers are f wits...........
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #30
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Its not that bad. There have been a few cars worse than this that have come come back to be in the top 20/10 in the elite hall at Summernats.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post