Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-03-2006, 06:07 AM   #1
Falcon Freak
Banned

Default March 2006 new car sales

Another month is about to come to an end. The vFacts data will be released mid next week. I hear that Ford had a good month. Will Falcon outsell the Commonbore?

FF

Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

There will be no suprises if it does.

VZ Sales are going to go a little bit sad over the next few months with the VE coming, people will be holding off or in some cases buying the better car (BF). Another thing to remember to is the fact that Ford has bigger incentives on 05's at the moment!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Another thing to remember to is the fact that Ford has bigger incentives on 05's at the moment!
You telling us that there are still 2005 built cars which are not yet sold? Are these BA MkIIs or BFs?

FF
Old 01-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
act2617

Quote:
There will be no suprises if it does.

VZ Sales are going to go a little bit sad over the next few months with the VE coming, people will be holding off or in some cases buying the better car (BF). Another thing to remember to is the fact that Ford has bigger incentives on 05's at the moment!

Re VE Holden,Is this the VE commodore???

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14954

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomfr...1822%2C00.html

Last edited by act2617; 01-04-2006 at 02:54 PM.
act2617 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
aualright

I read yesterday that Commodore sales are down 20%. Should be interesting.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
RATT

We will know Monday how things went, so we shouldn't speculate too much just yet.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #7
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
We will know Monday how things went, so we shouldn't speculate too much just yet.
Guess that means Falcon figures aren't that flash either.
Old 31-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Guess that means Falcon figures aren't that flash either.
Dont know how the dealerships are going but the plant is looking mighty empty at the moment. So I think Ford should have a decent month. But if fuel prices keep going up it will get very bad for Ford and the GM.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #9
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Production in Geelong sliding down fast, not pretty picture for local car industry at the moment. It can only get worse I think. Sad news. Hope it can pick up. Was reason I left it, the constant down turns and uncertain future. :
Old 31-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #10
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'll assume that Corolla has taken number 1.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #11
RATT

Yep still 05 BA MkII's around. But then again there are still 05 Commodores, Camry's, Avalons, etc. Heck I'm willing to bet there are 04 cars still out there. It's not unusual for this to be the case.
Old 31-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes theres quite a few 05 Plate Falcons left, both in BAII and BF, theres even some 04 BA Series I's left aswell, but not huge numbers.
Old 31-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #13
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

dare i ask how much BA MKII XR8's are going for ?
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #14
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
Brad Garlic at Ryde has a 05 BF Pursuit ute for $52,200 drive away.If only i'd waited 6 months to get mine!
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 11:23 PM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

haha

ah well it's all good, we have what we have i guess, no point getting emotional about it ;p

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 03-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #16
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
Mk2 manual, premium sound, in Vibe XR8 at President Ford, 40k drive away!!
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer has 2

1 X Aug 04 XR8 Mark one with Factory 18s, Prestige sound in SHockwave for $38,000 - no kays and another

Mark II (not sure on comp) XR8 in Lightning Strike with Sports Leather for $41,000 drive away.

Theres a Rapid one aswell with Premium Sound And Leather, its a few grand more I think as its a May 05?

Seems to be a few XR8's around, they certainly dont sell like the two Sixes do!
Old 31-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #18
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
My dealer has 2

1 X Aug 04 XR8 Mark one with Factory 18s, Prestige sound in SHockwave for $38,000 - no kays and another

Mark II (not sure on comp) XR8 in Lightning Strike with Sports Leather for $41,000 drive away.

Theres a Rapid one aswell with Premium Sound And Leather, its a few grand more I think as its a May 05?

hmm
with my discount i could get those down a lot more too... that sucks. If i'd known there were BA2 XR8's around i would have got one of them.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #19
markb

Quote:
My dealer has 2

The BA XR8 sucks for resale because of this..not that you buy a car for resale value as it's never going to make you happy.

The BA XR8 utes seem to have poorer resale than the old windsor equipped AU's which IMO was a better ute in most respects.

Moving to a Turbo deisel Navara anyway but due to the way the utes are trading in now I would be hesitant to purchase a Ford again.

After all the background how do you think that this factor, high fuel costs etc are eventually going to hit new sales of Ford performance models?
markb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #20
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb
The BA XR8 sucks for resale because of this..not that you buy a car for resale value as it's never going to make you happy.

The BA XR8 utes seem to have poorer resale than the old windsor equipped AU's which IMO was a better ute in most respects.

Moving to a Turbo deisel Navara anyway but due to the way the utes are trading in now I would be hesitant to purchase a Ford again.

After all the background how do you think that this factor, high fuel costs etc are eventually going to hit new sales of Ford performance models?
Mark I don't know how you can say a BA XR8 ute will never make you happy? In what sense? As far as I know everyone that has one is happy with them. That's why that BA/BF XR8 utes have been and are still selling well. Meaning demand is good. This demand has resulted in resale values that exceed their sedan counterparts.

High fuel costs are effecting every brand, not just Ford. Any large 4cyl (over 2.0l),6cyl or V8 will be effected in some way.
That's why resale for LPG Fords are great.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #21
markb

Quote:
Mark I don't know how you can say a BA XR8 ute will never make you happy? In what sense? As far as I know everyone that has one is happy with them. That's why that BA/BF XR8 utes have been and are still selling well. Meaning demand is good. This demand has resulted in resale values that exceed their sedan counterparts.

High fuel costs are effecting every brand, not just Ford. Any large 4cyl (over 2.0l),6cyl or V8 will be effected in some way.
That's why resale for LPG Fords are great.
In the sense that when you go to trade on a newer model and it's worth less in 2 years than the trade on your 3 year old unpopular AU XR8 ute.

Anyway the only reason I am selling it is the fact that my needs have changed and a heavier duty commecial style vehicle Navara/Hilux is required.
markb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #22
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb
In the sense that when you go to trade on a newer model and it's worth less in 2 years than the trade on your 3 year old unpopular AU XR8 ute.

Anyway the only reason I am selling it is the fact that my needs have changed and a heavier duty commecial style vehicle Navara/Hilux is required.
Not disputing your reasons to change vehicles Mark. But I have to say there is a big difference between what a 02 AUIII XR8 ute is worth compared to an 03 BA XR8, to the tune of upto $5000+.
Old 31-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think my dealer has one of the last XR6 Turbos to, its a mark II in rapid with the six speed box, premium sound for $38,000, has a touch of hail damage tho which they say would be fixed if you bought it.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:31 AM   #24
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

if you look on carsales under used dealer cars for the F6 there are a few mk2 runouts with like pssant km's some going for $50,000
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #25
RATT

You have to be wary of the prices advertised in newspapers as most are + on road costs etc. It's always wise to read the fine print.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #26
RATT

Fiesta 517
Focus 1316
Falcon 4363
Falcon Ute 1525
Territory 1873
Fairlane 146
Escape 230 (New model has T-bar auto, not column)
Courier 4x2 414
Courier 4x4 375
Old 03-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #27
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Fiesta 517
Focus 1316
Falcon 4363
Falcon Ute 1525
Territory 1873
Fairlane 146
Escape 230 (New model has T-bar auto, not column)
Courier 4x2 414
Courier 4x4 375
I thought you said it was a good month. Those are ordinary figures for the Falcon. Did they sell any LTDs in March?

FF
Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #28
BlackLS

March figures looking ok

I just did a quick speadsheet, Going by feb figures, shows the difference in amount and percentage.
Fiesta -2 -0.39%
Focus 327 33.06%
Escape 26 12.75%
Falcon -379 -7.99%
Territory 308 19.68%
Fairlane 59 67.82%
Falcon ute 197 14.83%

Going good with the Focus, looks like the extra supply and more ads on TV is helping. Fairlane increase looks like a fleet purchase but a sale is a sale. Shame about the Falcon and the Fiesta(very marginally) losing a bit of ground tho.

FEB FIGURES:
Fiesta 519
Focus 989
Escape 204
Falcon 4742
Territory 1565
Fairlane 87
Falcon Ute 1328

RATT,

How did we go against the competition
Old 03-04-2006, 12:24 PM   #29
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

any news with holden?

go the focus!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #30
RATT

Don't know about the competitions result yet.

Oh and, Focus will do much better, as in maybe 2000units as the year progresses..

There are still supply issues with Fiesta. An example is here at PWS we could have delivered 6 Fiestas had they arrived on time. We finished with 3, with a target of around 2 or 3 per month.

Falcon private sales are higher than Commodore, but Holden have picked up some good state and fed. government contracts again. Where as Ford has gained ground in the small business sector with Falcon.