Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
crazy.mofo

Default What would you have done?

So basically friend of mine got followed, road raged and beaten up on the side of the highway on his way home from the V8 race on Saturday night. The offenders started driving sporadically, with throwing a bottle at his window before trying to run him off the road for several kms before they collided, with my friend t-boning the offending car after having nowhere to go. His car became undrivable after the impact, allowing the 2 offenders to hop out of their car stopped a few metres up the road and revealing themselves to be much bigger, muscly kiwi blokes. Then pulling my mate out of the car began beating him and only stopping when his girlfriend threw herself on top of him as the only thing she considered would stop them. They then took to his beautiful xr6 turbo which is very well looked after and well modified car, punching and kicking panels and windows. My friend and his girlfriend once again threw themselves in front of his car pleading with them to stop which they did, retreating to their parked car.

Ambulance turned up few minutes after a call, but the police (even after being called by the ambos to the scene) never showed even after nearly 2 hours of waiting.

This is the strange part: the offenders came back over while the ambos were attending to his fractured eye socket and bruising and abrasions to swap insurance details and said "hope we didnt ruin your night" and "we have to go home to our kids now". They left after a quick conversation with the ambos telling "their side of the story".

This scares me, as I am now imagining if that was me with my 9month old boy in the car as i frequent QR and that stretch of road at night. What the hell are you meant to do when you have nowhere to go? The fact that they now have his home address is also a bit of a worry to me, as he is pressing charges against the pair and i worry about the repercussions.

Such a scary situation :(
crazy.mofo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What would you have done?

If it was as bad as you suggest and your friend has had the crap belted out of him and his vehicle severely damaged, why on earth would he give these guys his address? Surely, common sense would dictate that would be the last thing he should have done. Something doesn't sound right with his version of events.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 09:07 PM   #3
crazy.mofo

i said the same thing about the swapping of details when i spoke to him today. In my mind i would have just given them my rego which insurance can use anyway to track the owner but he was in the heat of the moment and in shock i suppose
Old 02-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My story ... Years ago , as a junior burger , we would offen , all jump in a car , guys ans girls and drive , get dinner , catch a movie , then cruise , just having fun .. This one night , in particular , 3 cars full of guys , were causing us some grief . We all shouted to the driver - Russell , whom at the time , always imagined himself as the driver in 'bandit' from Smokey and the Bandit, every time he was behind the wheel .
Russell , drove , through red lights , through petrol stations, over median strips , and we got away ..
What would I do ? . As then and now , Not stop!! If you stop , you must be prepared for the worst , and that's something , none of us should have to deal with .
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #5
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

If possible never stop.

Years ago I worked with a girl who pulled over to let a fellow who was raging at her go and he then stopped went back and bashed her.

It was his third offense.

He was sentenced to gaol.

As he was lead out he yelled at her and said he’d find her and finish the job.

Some people don’t have any control and just can’t let go and you don’t know who they are until it’s too late.

If at all possible drive to a Police Station or some populated area.

Last edited by Express; 02-08-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What did he do to deserve this? Why throw yourself in front of a car being beaten by kiwi dudes?

Now they a going to claim accident was his fault they know where he lives....

WOW...I feel for the man. He could go to the cops and explain, but they won't give a cr@p and wont park a car in front of his house, the kiwis might just rock up for round two.

Move on, forget about it and be happy to retain the ability to breath unassisted.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #7
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what did your mate do ???? to cause the other guy to follow him
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
crazy.mofo

Not enough to warrant being run off the road and attacked in this fashion thats for sure. Hes not the type that would have tailgated to **** someone off this bad.

As for jumping in front of his car, i dont know what they were thinking. I dont think anyone would be thinking to clearly in a situation lik that.

Stefan, he is feeling very lucky like you have said to be able to breathe unassisted.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #9
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy.mofo View Post
Not enough to warrant being run off the road and attacked in this fashion thats for sure. Hes not the type that would have tailgated to **** someone off this bad.

As for jumping in front of his car, i dont know what they were thinking. I dont think anyone would be thinking to clearly in a situation lik that.

Stefan, he is feeling very lucky like you have said to be able to breathe unassisted.
Dude that's unbelievable. I'd be walking straight into the nearest police station and demanding an explanation as to why no police arrived when there would have been dozens on duty in the area due to the race weekend.WOW

And I don't care what you do....nothing deserves any physical violence. Those guys should be locked up.
My advice.....buy a couple of ridgebacks. They'll even sleep in your bed and protect you if you want seriously tho. That's what I do.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #10
XG_Falcon

I hate to be the one to ask this but I will any way. What did your mate do to get these guys so cranked up?
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #11
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glock 9mm, simple..!!
Old 03-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #12
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What area did this happen in??

Seems like a strange story where your 'mate' has left out a lot of information.

For starters, a person getting assaulted/beaten up/road raged, is a priority one job for police, meaning every police car, highway patrol car, even detectives and undercover cars within the vicinity would be responding with lights and sirens. Cops ranging from the Senior Sergeant to the two week probationer would be throwing their lunches in the bin and racing out the station, running red lights to attend this, and all other non urgent jobs are instantly put on hold by police radio while all cars are diverted to this incident. So either police was never called or the urgency of the matter was never conveyed to the 000 operator.

Second why would the 'offenders' return and exchange details, if they were in fact offenders they would have bolted never to be seen again, because if the injuries mentioned are true they will be facing some serious charges like 'aggravated assault causing grievous bodily harm', 'predatory driving' and 'malicious damage' for starters.

Thirdly WTF would he give these guys his home address??

Fourthly what did your 'mate' do to deserve/cause this?? Reading between the lines it almost sounds like he may have started this somehow and by the time he worked out that he had bit off more than he can chew it was too late and he got a flogging.

And finally your mate lives in Australia, so he can't be 'pressing charges', it is not up to him it is up to police to investigate the incident and then charge any offenders identified where sufficient evidence exists. It has nothing to do with your mate pressing anything. If police have enough evidence they will be charging perpetrators and you mate will be issued with a subpoena to attend court to give evidence if required, provided he is not the perpetrator.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #13
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Glock 9mm, simple..!!
With big boys, go one up. .45ACP/extended mags.
Sadly, law abiding citizens don't really stand a chance. I hope your mate gets proper justice and restitution.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #14
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
With big boys, go one up. .45ACP/extended mags.
Sadly, law abiding citizens don't really stand a chance. I hope your mate gets proper justice and restitution.
That's a solution ? Your kidding aren't you, perhaps you should revisit some of the latest news going around in the good ole US of A and how successful that theory is .
What has me scratching my head is why 4 or 5 blokes feel that beating up one is in any way a character building exercise .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #15
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Same thing happened to me in Singapore a long time ago. Mate and I were coming home in a taxi after a long night out, suitably refreshed and two cars of Fast and Furious types pulled up either side. Words were exchanged and next thing they were kicking the sh%t out of the taxi. They nearly got me out of the car through the window and the taxi driver drove through two sets of red lights back to hotel. Cops were called but we called it a day and just were glad to be surface-side and let it go. Don't get in fights on the road - just admit fault even if it isn't your fault.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #16
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Considering the HQ for the Police in Ipswich is about 5 minutes drive off the highway from QR I suspect he may have provoked the situation to cause that type of reaction and it would not surprise me in the least if that was the case.

I live around and interact with Kiwis/Maoris daily and unless YOU harass and annoy them they are peaceful to deal with and will leave you alone.

I agree with XB GS 351 Coupe however unless there are witnesses it is also hearsay between two parties and won't go far.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #17
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you can keep driving, go to the nearest police station or public place.

If you are unable to keep driving, stay in the car windows up and doors locked even if they are completely demolishing your car.

When no options are left, do everything you can to protect yourself and your family.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #18
noddy383

This is why I keep a spare tyre spanner behind my seat. I've never been in a proper road rage incident and I try not to **** people off, but I like to be prepared. You never know, I might have to take 2 wheels off at the same time.
noddy383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #19
Mowdit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Am buying a dash cam !
Not as a deterrent, but can you imaging your insurance company saying "not paying, you caused/provoked this !
Cam would be cheap insurance and prove to the police whom the culprits are.

I'd drive to the nearest police station, with my hazards on whilst flashing my high beams constantly (you never know when a blue and white is driving past)

Hope your mate recovers, the XR is fixed back to new (ish) and a lesson is learnt
Old 03-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #20
Falcman0o7
Banned

He's obviously a ford man. And ford won that weekend at the V8's. Was he cheeky to some bad **** holden fans? Not the point but really what did he do!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #21
crazy.mofo

Yes I have considered now buying a dash cam for that very reason Mowdit, it's not going to stop anything but definitely a good way to back up your claims.

To all the questions, I had all the same thoughts about the situation as you guys. No doubt he will be a bit more cautious now anyway.

I will say though that I don't know how they went about it but the police were definitely called immediately, even contacted by the attending ambos to get an ETA but only turned up few hours later at the hospital. I understand what you guys are saying that they would have dropped everything but for some reason not known by me they just didn't turn up all sirens blazing.

I haven't spoken to them today to see what's happened with all their claims, but i do agree that I don't think anything will happen.

XB GS 351 Coupe, I guess I watch to much American tv and my terminology for "pressing charges" was misguided. Sorry about that
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #22
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yes I have considered now buying a dash cam for that very reason Mowdit, it's not going to stop anything but definitely a good way to back up your claims.
You would be surprised at the amount of idiots that stop the verbal abuse when you point at the camera on the window recording their stupidity.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2015, 02:38 AM   #23
nz13boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
You would be surprised at the amount of idiots that stop the verbal abuse when you point at the camera on the window recording their stupidity.
You would probably be surprised at the number of people who get their phones/cameras taken off them and smashed on the ground when they are seen recording said stupidity.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #24
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:

To all the questions, I had all the same thoughts about the situation as you guys. No doubt he will be a bit more cautious now anyway.

I will say though that I don't know how they went about it but the police were definitely called immediately, even contacted by the attending ambos to get an ETA but only turned up few hours later at the hospital. I understand what you guys are saying that they would have dropped everything but for some reason not known by me they just didn't turn up all sirens blazing.

I haven't spoken to them today to see what's happened with all their claims, but i do agree that I don't think anything will happen.

XB GS 351 Coupe, I guess I watch to much American tv and my terminology for "pressing charges" was misguided. Sorry about that
I've said this story before but years ago I drove past an old guy getting mugged by what at the time turned out to be a gang that had been burning,trashing and even killed/near killed(I forget) a guy in the park the day before. Anyway...me being young and stupid I dove out of my ute and started swinging at the lot of them. Knocked the poor old dude over but gave them all a quick beating. At the same time two brickies pulled up to help and to my lucky benefit....the offenders then picked themselves up and moved away. They had called the police and by the time I'd driven the old guy to the servo he knew, and back again.....they allready were on the scene. The short version was I then followed them around the corner to where they proceeded to drag a guy from the squad car and started kicking and belting him. I was shocked for about a millisecond before it sunk in what these scum had just been doing.
There's a police story for you. You decide whether it's a good or bad one!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #25
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I've said this story before but years ago I drove past an old guy getting mugged by what at the time turned out to be a gang that had been burning,trashing and even killed/near killed(I forget) a guy in the park the day before. Anyway...me being young and stupid I dove out of my ute and started swinging at the lot of them. Knocked the poor old dude over but gave them all a quick beating. At the same time two brickies pulled up to help and to my lucky benefit....the offenders then picked themselves up and moved away. They had called the police and by the time I'd driven the old guy to the servo he knew, and back again.....they allready were on the scene. The short version was I then followed them around the corner to where they proceeded to drag a guy from the squad car and started kicking and belting him. I was shocked for about a millisecond before it sunk in what these scum had just been doing.
There's a police story for you. You decide whether it's a good or bad one!
I read this about 4 or 5 times, and I can not make heads or tails of it. I don't have a clue what this is trying to say

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #26
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

First thing I would of done in your mates position is.... Not start an argument I couldn't finish. Secondly if I was being followed I would of had that turbo cranking.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2015, 06:46 AM   #27
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

I'd probably have come up with a better story .
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2015, 07:58 AM   #28
rex351

I was chased many years ago in Adelaide by a couple of car loads of thugs, me, 2 mates and his girlfriend on board. She yelled something rude from my car at her ex and that triggered them. Got a door kicked in before we realized the best way to fight is take flight. Lucky for us they were driving an early 70s corolla so my warm slant 6 val had the legs to leave them. Scary situation still.
rex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #29
Harrison

I'd like to hear "their side of the story".

I've got a feeling it will make far more sense than your mate's.
Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #30
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A mate of mine going home from his auto workshop was accosted by a group in a Dunnydore many years ago and it got ugly when they pulled up in front of him at a red light and all four doors opened and five dead heads approached his car. Luckily he had a torque wrench on the seat alongside him, so he grabbed it, jumped out and slammed it down on the boot of the Dunnydore with great force. Seeing this, the drop kicks raced back to their car and took off as the lights turned green. Score: him 1 - Richard Craniums 0.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post