Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
brendan24688

Default HSV Clubsport R

http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/vz/main/b...ubsport_r.html

FPV take a page outta their book and DO IT! :jab:

This is a cool car, although no good for the road why can't FPV or even Ford make something like this.

brendan24688 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

The last thing Ford and FPV are interested in is track performance (or Total Performance, if you prefer). Let's not forget we are dealing with a company who flatly refuses to increase engine power and torque on their flagship models.

Let's not lose vision on where FPV wants to go and the vehicles they want to take them there. They are a business and as such are driven by the bottom line and not the products and this has been self evident since day 1.
Old 27-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
The last thing Ford and FPV are interested in is track performance (or Total Performance, if you prefer). Let's not forget we are dealing with a company who flatly refuses to increase engine power and torque on their flagship models.

Let's not lose vision on where FPV wants to go and the vehicles they want to take them there. They are a business and as such are driven by the bottom line and not the products and this has been self evident since day 1.
I don't disagree with you on that point, but I can't help but wish that FPV saw the value of a real "hero" car, because for us Ford enthusiasts there is still no such thing. (sigh)

A true no compromise track weapon should be built, limited to say 100 vehicles with a price tag to match the performance. There is 100 people out there with 100 k plus to drop on a hot Ford, so why FPV and Ford refuse to build what the followers want is beyond me. Fear of worrying the Mr Scruby's of the world maybe, appathy definitely.

I just hope they don't sit on their hands forever.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ИИИИИИИИИ awesome! I'd get one if I could afford it.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
I don't disagree with you on that point, but I can't help but wish that FPV saw the value of a real "hero" car, because for us Ford enthusiasts there is still no such thing. (sigh)

A true no compromise track weapon should be built, limited to say 100 vehicles with a price tag to match the performance. There is 100 people out there with 100 k plus to drop on a hot Ford, so why FPV and Ford refuse to build what the followers want is beyond me. Fear of worrying the Mr Scruby's of the world maybe, appathy definitely.

I just hope they don't sit on their hands forever.
I reckon the horse is bolted... Mr Scruby doesn't get to care about this, it isn't road worthy... probably only registerable under a club permit if at all.

These units are made to order too, so no need to pre-make all these items. Also it gets rid of their old stock of NON emissions complaint LS1's.
Old 27-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
parawolf
beep beep

*sigh* third idea of mine that I have voiced on this website and its predecassor that HSV has sucessfully used.

Ah well - FPV - too late now... really...
Old 27-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
aimzes
...fairly odd

yes please.
Old 27-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #8
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford have copped enough recently about building dangerous cars and Holden get to do this and get away with it?
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 09:18 PM   #9
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
Ford have copped enough recently about building dangerous cars and Holden get to do this and get away with it?
But it is "track only" it would not pass a road worthy.
Old 27-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Great, but most people want a performance Falcon/Commodore they can live with, else they go and buy a two-seater coupe, not a stripped family sedan.

I was reading an old Wheels magazine last night where they took an Evo, STi, Liberty, and some AWD Commodore up through the snow. I didn't know Holden had an AWD Commodore in it's line-up, anyone know how it went in sales and performance?
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
I was reading an old Wheels magazine last night where they took an Evo, STi, Liberty, and some AWD Commodore up through the snow. I didn't know Holden had an AWD Commodore in it's line-up, anyone know how it went in sales and performance?
Its the slowest car out of the Ford/Holden performance products. It does like high 14s or something like that and I dont think it sold to well. The review i read on it said the only thing it was good for was drifting on dirt.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #12
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
The AWD commodore was actually the HSV Coupe4. Apart from the Adventra, Cross8 etc, it's the only AWD Commodore. The car ran the same drivetrain as the Adventra albeit with much lower suspension.
The power output was around the 270kw mark as they had to redesign the headers to fit around the front drivetrain, making them smaller, hence the power drop.
From memory they started at around the $90k mark, auto only. Didn't sell too well..........
Dry weather grip was apparently phenomenal but suffered a bit in the wet due to the really wide boots it wears, aquaplanes a bit.

Having said all that I'd still have one as they look rather tough. Check one out.

Matty
Old 27-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #13
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People dont buy GT's and F6's so that they can have a family car to live with, thats what XR8 xr6t are for. People buy these cars cos they want to get excited. Yeah i dont know why FPV dont build something that kicks. Ford could learn a lot from there own book.
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #14
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Their all being exported to Bahrain - not for Australia's use!
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #15
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Only 20 cars have been built and will be shipped to Bahrain as a celebrity support type race for the F1 season opener on the 12th of March. Post F1, they will be used for a one make series in Bahrain. Will not be available in Australia.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #16
Steffo
LPG > You

Its a VZ HSV... with s 5.7litre GenIII LS1 V8? Looks like a conveniant way for Holden/HSV to get rid of some more of their stockpiled LS1's that aren't Euro III compliant.

285kW @ 5800rpm and 510Nm @ 4800rpm... as per VYII HSV's. And even though it has no cats etc, its not up on them.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #17
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Doesn't do a lot for me, looks like a exec with some bolt on parts and V8 supercar wheels, cage etc.
Old 27-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #18
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Walkinshaw the Wacker is doing these! LHD also.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #19
xxxc
tuff

lol sif ford will ever do anything good ,ford will never be as good as holden haha
xxxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #20
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Fire Extinguisher
Extinguishes Fires
No way! Get outta here!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #21
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
People dont buy GT's and F6's so that they can have a family car to live with, thats what XR8 xr6t are for. People buy these cars cos they want to get excited. Yeah i dont know why FPV dont build something that kicks. Ford could learn a lot from there own book.
I don't believe that's true. I mean, in terms of practicality/utility, they've all got four doors and seating for five. Sure the FPV cars have a higher calibre of performance (and price to match), but you can buy a GT instead of an xr8 and not lose any `livability'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLynx
Its the slowest car out of the Ford/Holden performance products. It does like high 14s or something like that and I dont think it sold to well. The review i read on it said the only thing it was good for was drifting on dirt.
What a shame, I would've thought a local awd four-door had potential.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 01:09 AM   #22
Aeron
DJR Fan

Well, i'd have one. But i'd want to to order mine in Right hand drive.

I tell ya what, it will make for a great "One Make" series!!
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #23
AlbertM
Cracked Pot

Track specials don't work, the HRT427 was an example. People want a hot car but still want to drive it on public roads.
Old 28-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #24
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

lol...looks almost the same as a cruddy VZ that some bloke has done up down the road..taky R badge and all! r was that his VN..not sure its so hard to tell the difference these days.

I think steffo for once has hit the nail on the head, just a very good way to move some parts
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #25
MAD
Petro-sexual

Finally a commodore that wont have the 'optional' airconditioning fitted....lol
Old 28-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #26
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a totally irrelivant vehicle... Anyone can buy a BFGT or F6, strip it out, wack some hot bits on it and turn it into a track only car.

Old 28-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #27
HLC
Audi S3

pfft. waste of money.
Old 29-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #28
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
What a totally irrelivant vehicle... Anyone can buy a BFGT or F6, strip it out, wack some hot bits on it and turn it into a track only car.
EXACTLY what I was thinking...
Why not build it like the old GT's with BALLSY brakes, top of the line light weight suspension components, maybe air and stear but no other HEAVY extra's, NO sound deadening etc..Engine slightly enhanced with ported manifolds etc run all polution gear and lower final drive... Attack performance from a green side...Even design engine to run 100% ethonol ???
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #29
FPV

RHD is also going to be available according to there press release. A forum member from the ls1 forums said these cars were VZ SS's in a previous life, and them side guard vents look like the SS version to me. HSV might develop 101 track cars, but there road cars prices dont seem to be holding up well, saw a HSV paper advertisement which said clubsports from 49990.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #30
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey guys, you do realise these things will be VERY cheap. No internals, no taxes (except GST) as they are not road cars. If I lived near a track and wanted to play at club level one of these would be a very competitive and cost effective solution.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post