Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
1CrazeSR20
Intended Angle

Default What Grinds Your Gears?

Idiots on the road grind mine.

I was just coming home from downtown surfers, coming up Ferry rd in Southport QLD and I was going 70kms.
The zone is a 60, but I guess the tool behind me figured i wasn't going fast enough and decided to ride my tail end and flash his high beams at me. I had to turn left ahead so I couldn't really go anywhere as I was stuck in the right lane waiting for an opportunity to move.
So i give him some brakes. Guess he didnt like that, so he sped up and passed me and tried to cut me off. I'm not worried about that, just the fact that my speeding 10km's over apparently wasn't fast enough and he decided to ride my tail end and flash his high beams.

I think it was an older ford also, the ones with the funny tail light cover looking things?

The guy looked like he wanted words, too bad i was turning...

Thats what Grinds My Gears. Idiots.

I hope he's a forum goer and finds this thread. F'n goof.
/Rant

Sorry if this in the wrong section... its car related.

Old 27-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easy answer as the dic.... is just getting his rear bumper inline with your front turn into him...will spin him out big time and you go on your way.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Easy answer as the dic.... is just getting his rear bumper inline with your front turn into him...will spin him out big time and you go on your way.
sensible advice.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
1CrazeSR20
Intended Angle

LOL, actually that had crossed my mind as he was pulling in front of me and almost clipping the car in the other lane.

i wouldn't have the guts to do that.
Old 27-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it when people do 20km/hs under the limit on a single lane road in both directions in peak hour. Also annoys me in off peak but I just drop the gear and let the turbo do it's job when the other way has a gap.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 12:43 AM   #6
xr8man83
Grunt Files

yea morons i hate the people that sit on 90kms up the highway and then speed up to 120kms on the overtaking lanes
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 01:07 AM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8man83
yea morons i hate the people that sit on 90kms up the highway and then speed up to 120kms on the overtaking lanes
Another pet hate too! Then they slow down again. I won't have this trouble any more when I head down the coast this summer. I will overtake them and be long gone!
Old 28-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
SS beast
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8man83
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I think there's some sort of power booster fitted to magnas & camrys which makes them a special for doing this type of thing.

Last edited by SS beast; 28-10-2006 at 11:36 PM.
SS beast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #9
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Camry's, chinezz in Honda's, women in 4wd at around 8am and 3pm, Shieks who say the darndest things, Hyundai's, Holdenwoo's, the state of our roads............ I could go on forever. But when asked about what grinds my gears I always remember the Peter Griffin line from the Stewie Griffin story "I'll tell you what grinds my gears, you america.....***** You"

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about on a two lane same direction road when one person in the left lane is doing under the speed limit and then the person in the right lane takes 20 million ks to overtake whilst everyone behind them is growing more and more impatient. Peak hour is even worse when this happens. I regularly have to do 60km/h in a 100km/h zone due to this.
Old 28-10-2006, 01:36 AM   #11
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who tailgate me even though i am travelling the speed limit really **** me off. I always slow down to make them even madder. When they try and over take me i use the Barras excellant rolling acceleration to smoke them :
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 01:46 AM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256
People who tailgate me even though i am travelling the speed limit really **** me off. I always slow down to make them even madder. When they try and over take me i use the Barras excellant rolling acceleration to smoke them :
Yeah that is annoying too. If it's a single lane road the person behind just should bear it but if its multi lanes they always have the option to pass but some people don't like to take up on that.

Lol I've had people overtake me in 50km/h zones whilst going down the coast because I was on the limit.

Hell I wanted to do 60 or even 70 but due to NSW BS demerit point scheme, double demerits would mean I would lose my licence.

The funniest thing was that it was a Ford Ka and I smoked it at the next hill anyways :P Whoever designed that monstrosity needs to be shot!
Old 28-10-2006, 02:13 AM   #13
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
The funniest thing was that it was a Ford Ka and I smoked it at the next hill anyways :P Whoever designed that monstrosity needs to be shot!

I have particular distaste for those lancer/hyundai punks (with the sport exhausts and spoilers) who act like they own the roads. Lol
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #14
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
That definitely grinds my gears. It used to happen to me all the time when I was still on my Ps. I'd slow down as well... but mainly because I wouldnt be able to slam on my brakes if I had to.

Another thing is when people cut me off. I blast my horn at them and their passenger leans out their window and starts hurling abuse at me because I wasnt grateful for them nearly running me off the road and into a lamp post or onto the footpath killing pedestrians.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #15
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Drop down to 2nd so your brake lights don't come on and I guarantee they will drop back
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #16
1CrazeSR20
Intended Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Camry's, chinezz in Honda's, women in 4wd at around 8am and 3pm, Shieks who say the darndest things, Hyundai's, Holdenwoo's, the state of our roads............ I could go on forever. But when asked about what grinds my gears I always remember the Peter Griffin line from the Stewie Griffin story "I'll tell you what grinds my gears, you america.....***** You"
LOL, I agree with every single point!

And yes, Family Guy was my motivation for this thread.

I love the way this thread is going. KEEP POSTING! Good laughs.

Quote:
People who tailgate me even though i am travelling the speed limit really **** me off. I always slow down to make them even madder.
Same here. Thats what i did to this guy. Its funny getting people all upset on the road, specially when it's their fault in the first place.
Old 28-10-2006, 01:35 AM   #17
Mitch_

wat really grinds my gears is when u go to change gears in your car, and the clutch doesnt go in..and it makes bad noises!
Mitch_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #18
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

What grinds my gears is people who when they make an error, (even possibly a life threatening one) start laughing!... This is SO prevalent amongst our Asian & African friends!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #19
Steffo
LPG > You

Tailgaters in general s***t me off to no end. I got rear ended in late August because of two morons tailgating in cars with bad brakes (late 80s Charade and late 90s Camry). The great bit is, both their cars were write offs... the Fiesta needed a new rear bumper (plastic). I was actually holding back laughter after inspecting the damage.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 01:45 AM   #20
XR8GRL