Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default First fine on Eastlink!

I think it has been very well publicised that there will be police on every bend for the opening of Eastlink today. SO the first fine to be handed out is a P plater doing 135 ....... Labled the 'First Eastlink Hoon' on the news and deserves everything he gets.

The fact that he was a P plater gets the media excited but ANYONE who speeds on this road on the first day is a moron! :togo:

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

LOL!!....
moron
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

what an absolute .....just heard it on the channel seven news headlines.

"i really needed to pee...had to go 140km/h to pee"

obviously hes only after attention.
shouldnt be on the road
TEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_bullet
...shouldnt be on the road
he won't be, fines of 35km/h over = licence suspension
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
cycle myth

Sorry - don't want to hijack thread - but is east link related -

What did you think of the opening parade?

Victoria is home to 2 of the 3 manufacturers of cars in Australia.

I did see Brumby in the front of an FG Falcon or Camry in support of local investment.

Good on you Brumby!

(err were any of those cars even built here at all?)
cycle myth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersINC
he won't be, fines of 35km/h over = licence suspension
He got a 1 month suspension........4 demerit points and a fine of $200+ something dollars for his idiotic effort................plus he got his ugly mug on the tube for all to see..........

I could have sworn I heard that 1/2 of the VIC police force were going to be patrolling the opening to ensure people wouldn't speed............I guess some people just don't apply any logic and reasoning to their actions................. :
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

5 minutes of fame, he has 10 left. Personally, I look forward to his next endeavour.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #8
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
5 minutes of fame, he has 10 left. Personally, I look forward to his next endeavour.
I look forward to his being voted out of parliament!! Can't happen soon enough!!

Back on subject: Eastlink P plater speeding, what a tool!!
: : :

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

next thing he will go into the big brother house !
Old 29-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

What a knob. When will people learn ?
Old 29-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgEA
What a knob. When will people learn ?
They won't.
It's called human nature.

But this particular schlong...great to see this smarty-pants get nabbed.
I'm sure he'll talk to all his mates with their long hair and pants at half mast, convincing themselves that they're all legends.

I hope this fine smartens him up...if that's possible.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
Matty4
Banana

I took Eastlink home from work at 1.00am this morning and just before I got into the tunnel heading towards Ringwood I saw 4 Police cars exiting the tunnel city bound with approx 10 cars following behind. Maybe that was the official opening of the road.

Either way, with that many cops around why would you even bother???
Old 29-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #13
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4
...Either way, with that many cops around why would you even bother???
intelligence plays a pivotal roll here.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #14
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guy ranks second to the guy busted doing a burnout in a police station car park and getting caught.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #15
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
This guy ranks second to the guy busted doing a burnout in a police station car park and getting caught.
Well he is a moron
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #16
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

At least he has something to tell his kids & grandkids !! and it only cost him 200 bucks!!

who really cares if he was doing 135 in a 100 zone .We have all done it at one stage, would be worse if it was 170 or 180.

There a lot of hypocrites on here.
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 04:04 AM   #17
azaxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
ahah i know this guy=) dick. went to school with him.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #18
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

this maggot gives us p-platers a bad name!
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #19
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Deary me. The average Brit sits on 90mph every day of the week on motorways in England. Cops dont do a thing. Here its front page news :

Other countrys with far less distances to travel have 130kmh limits.

On the FG page people winge because the F6 cannot crack 100k in under 5 seconds and here you want to hang a guy for doing 135. WTF.

We are supposed to fight these dumb laws, not condone them. Its about time people here learnt to drive and the laws allowed us to drive so that we can cover the vast distances of this land in reasonable time.

100kmh, how gay is that.
Old 29-06-2008, 10:00 PM   #20
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Deary me. The average Brit sits on 90mph every day of the week on motorways in England. Cops dont do a thing. Here its front page news :

On the FG page people winge because the F6 cannot crack 100k in under 5 seconds and here you want to hang a guy for doing 135. WTF.

We are supposed to fight these dumb laws, not condone them. Its about time people here learnt to drive and the laws allowed us to drive so that we can cover the vast distances of this land in reasonable time.

100kmh, how gay is that.
think you're missing the point here..

yes, while the limit of 100kmh isnt that fast, it is the limit we have to abide to.....the police force have come out and said....we will be patroling and booking anyone that speeds.......yet mr moron here decided....hmm none of that must apply to me...i'll do 135/140....

would love for the limit to be 140 - 150ish......but while its not i'll sit on the limit......its not brain surgury
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #21
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
think you're missing the point here..

yes, while the limit of 100kmh isnt that fast, it is the limit we have to abide to.....the police force have come out and said....we will be patroling and booking anyone that speeds.......yet mr moron here decided....hmm none of that must apply to me...i'll do 135/140....

would love for the limit to be 140 - 150ish......but while its not i'll sit on the limit......its not brain surgury
I am not missing the point at all. I drive evrey day like an old man in a cardigan because i dont want to loose my licence. When I got my license the open road was unlimited.

Twice a year I go to the UK and sit on 90mph every where I go, see less accidents and have less stress driving. Then I come back home to people banging on about what a heinous crime doing over 3 km past the speed limit is.

We now have in this country some of the best cars in the world but we have to drive them like fags.
Old 30-06-2008, 05:10 AM   #22
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am not missing the point at all. I drive evrey day like an old man in a cardigan because i dont want to loose my licence. When I got my license the open road was unlimited.

Twice a year I go to the UK and sit on 90mph every where I go, see less accidents and have less stress driving. Then I come back home to people banging on about what a heinous crime doing over 3 km past the speed limit is.

We now have in this country some of the best cars in the world but we have to drive them like fags.
I like your style , so many people these days accept the law as the correct and righteous way to live your life, but nothing ever changes for the better when the majority are sheep oblivious to the controls they are under
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #23
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
I like your style , so many people these days accept the law as the correct and righteous way to live your life, but nothing ever changes for the better when the majority are sheep oblivious to the controls they are under
You proposing we stage a revolution ?

gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #24
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:

100kmh, how gay is that.
Steve

Totally agree with you on this one. Did the drive from London to Gatwick (both ways) today and just love the way these Pommies drive. Sure the limit is 70mph but I have never seen a radar patrol in over 5 years on the road here. I was sitting on 85-90mph in the middle lane as I was getting passed by most ppl, they were prob sitting on 90-100mph. Much better driver awareness and respect for fellow road users over here. It amazes me every time I get back to melbourne the lack of respect for felllow drivers (also the amount of road rage)

George
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #25
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Steve

Totally agree with you on this one. Did the drive from London to Gatwick (both ways) today and just love the way these Pommies drive. Sure the limit is 70mph but I have never seen a radar patrol in over 5 years on the road here. I was sitting on 85-90mph in the middle lane as I was getting passed by most ppl, they were prob sitting on 90-100mph. Much better driver awareness and respect for fellow road users over here. It amazes me every time I get back to melbourne the lack of respect for felllow drivers (also the amount of road rage)

George
As a Pom myself, I fully agree.

Problem is that there are laws over here to abide by, and the attitude of local drivers to contend with, so anything over 100km/h on the freeways here is a bad idea most of the time !
Old 02-07-2008, 02:18 AM   #26
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

100kmh, how gay is that.
Amen.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #27
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:

100kmh, how gay is that.
I was reading this thread from the top and getting angry that everyone wanted to hang this guy then i saw you post - totally agree with you. 135 is small change. 100km/h for a brand new motorway in a first world country is a complete joke. I'm surprised his car didnt implode and the wheels end up in NSW when he hit 130...
Old 30-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #28
boss 300

i agree to jg66me,go to Europe, you be scare for life
Old 30-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #29
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss 300
i agree to jg66me,go to Europe, you be scare for life
Just keep to the left and you will be fine. In Europe you should keep to the right, unless overtaking.
Old 30-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #30
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

I drove on eastlink today... I couldnt believe how many cops there were... I saw 4 cars pulled over in a 2km stretch... It's also a really earie feeling... everyone is on edge and driving 95.. and in tunnels people are driving around 70...

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Falcon4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post