Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
kaytonk
Moopheus?

Default useless maryborough drivers

I have had enough. A couple of months ago some useless local smashed into our kia. it was parked at the time, so i guess it was hard to avoid when it jumped out at them. was I surprised when there was no note on the car when i returned to see the damage? no. so I paid the excess, which i could not afford to have it fixed.
There was even an article in the paper about it, where the local police commissioner stated maryborough drivers arent that bad, we only have slightly more crashes each year then hervey bay. hervey bay is three times bigger than maryborough. no mr police commissioner, stop and think.

today, I was about to go to my first callout when i noticed the severe lack of drivers side mirror on my falcon, what do you know no note, my falcon must also be hard to avoid, even when it is parked on a straight road.

since I have no money in my bank account, I now cant drive my car until the end of the month. just great

Old 23-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

no money cause you bought a new mirror, or not game unless you get fined.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
big_waity
Windsor Man!

I share your pain dear William. Having had a drunk in a VK back into my Falcon and take off without comment. At least I had witnesses and I have spoken with him about it. He still refuses to pay damages. Lets go all vigilante on these people.
Old 23-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
big_waity
Windsor Man!

EA2BA, he isn't driving because he cannot afford a mirror. It is his work car. Business has been really booming for him lately, which, if people know anything about business, they know that being really busy when you give people accounts means no money for a while. Really ИИИИes me off the way people have so little respect and dont thinka bout the affect they have on people.
Old 23-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
EA2BA
PM me if you want

i was figuring, possibly some one has a spare to loan him in that case is all i was thinking, even an ea/ed would fit (i think)

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Yeah I have a few mates with EFs and a couple of them have spare bits. I have a spare left, but im trying to find a right hand one.
Old 23-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
kaytonk
Moopheus?

yeah, wasnt feeling articulate thismorning after that. all my capital is tied up in customer accounts, so no mirror for me, which means i cant drive until one of my customers pay up, which means it sits there looking sad. it actually does look very sad, even though its just a mirror hanging off it. i think x series does fit, but will see if somebody has one and hopefully pay next week.
Old 23-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #8
kaytonk
Moopheus?

vigilante must be the answer, the simpsons quote "there's no justice like angry mob justice" doesnt apply to maryborough. "there's no justice without angry mob justice"
I love going to see the local cops:
me "hey my car got hit again"
cop "did you see who did it"
me "nope"
cop "oh well, not much we can do"
Old 23-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
Ray
FORD POWER!!

Maryborough is shocking... every time I go there (about once a month or so) I ALWAYS have a near miss due to some ****er doing stupid crap like pulling out in front of me and not looking, etc... makes me mad

Hervey Bay is about the same though... Well, the fact that the road are so bad makes it even worse!

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #10
kaytonk
Moopheus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Hervey Bay is about the same though... Well, the fact that the road are so bad makes it even worse!
i like h bay council, they realised people couldnt understang traffic lights, so they put in lots of roundabouts. now no-one knows who has to give way, so they still hit each other, but at least its at lower speed now
Old 23-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
Ray
FORD POWER!!

heheh, Yes... there are a fair few roundabouts here... actually, all of my relatives and friends from out of town refer to it as "roundabout city"

they're good, but they have roundabouts where there should be traffic lights and vice versa... still, nobody's perfect I guess

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #12
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like Victorian Maryborough drivers aswell!!! 'Drive by feel' style
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #13
kaytonk
Moopheus?

I would almost describe it as drive by feel, except they dont seem to notice when they hit something. how these people havent all killed each other is beyond me

Last edited by kaytonk; 23-01-2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: im making up new words again
kaytonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #14
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytonk
I would almost describe it as drive by feel, except they dont seem to notice when they hit something. how these people havent all killed each other is beyond me
That is drive by feel they hit a parked car and go yep theres the side of the road
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #15
kaytonk
Moopheus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
That is drive by feel they hit a parked car and go yep theres the side of the road
i was implying they dont notice when they hit stuff (worse than drive by feel), anyway, not important. they are just crap
Old 23-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #16
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Be good if Hervey Bay council could make up their minds on the whole Roundabout vs Lights debate. There are a few intersections that have gone roundabout - traffic lights - back to roundabout. I'd like to know how they decide. Back to Maryborough and it's near misses. I had one today. Shoulda see the look on the coppers face when he saw me hurtling round the corner. I turned into a narrow laneway as he was pulling out of it. Both a little in the wrong lane. IF neither of us had ABS there would most certainly have been a colision. We both smiled, waved and kept driving. I was worried he'd try and do me for something. Another near-miss, Dane almost T-Boned Luko's mum today when she pulled out in traffic. It truly is a wonderful town. Must be all the victorians that moved up here for the cheap houses!
Old 23-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #17
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Be good if Hervey Bay council could make up their minds on the whole Roundabout vs Lights debate. There are a few intersections that have gone roundabout - traffic lights - back to roundabout. I'd like to know how they decide. Back to Maryborough and it's near misses. I had one today. Shoulda see the look on the coppers face when he saw me hurtling round the corner. I turned into a narrow laneway as he was pulling out of it. Both a little in the wrong lane. IF neither of us had ABS there would most certainly have been a colision. We both smiled, waved and kept driving. I was worried he'd try and do me for something. Another near-miss, Dane almost T-Boned Luko's mum today when she pulled out in traffic. It truly is a wonderful town. Must be all the victorians that moved up here for the cheap houses!
Boat Harbour Drive is controlled by Main Roads not Council. It is a pain in the bum but we are stuck with it, along with the 2 to 1 lane convergences all over the place just after lights.
It amazes me the number of fruitloops, mostly in giant 4wds, who think that they will be able to beat me at cut me off and then trundle along slowly because they own the road.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #18
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
It amazes me the number of fruitloops, mostly in giant 4wds, who think that they will be able to beat me at cut me off and then trundle along slowly because they own the road.
That is why you have a snail on the side of your engine! Leave the merging to the slow drivers. You should be able to boost in front of them long before they have found a gear. Although, I do share your pain. I hate the ones that merge as they are taking off. Just decide that 37" Mud terrains demand right of way over little falcons. It's not just from 4x4s though, also from old men in camrys. Ok, enough ИИИИИing.
Old 23-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #19
HavocXR8
yay still alive

don't worry those sought of drivers are everywhere,
the other night coming home from work some dumb lady(fully licensed) decided that she wanted both lanes of the round about,
when i was right beside her she just started moving closer,
so i beeped the horn droped it back to third and planted it out of the roundabout
HavocXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #20
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Must be all the victorians that moved up here for the cheap houses!
smart ИИИИ
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #21
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just to make us feel safer in Hervey Bay they are puting up 6 new sets of traffic lights and every one of them are located at T junctions where there has always been good flow before.we have a huge influx in last 4 years of over 50's villages and when in car parks they just back out and nudge your car then keep going.im over 40 yet have to listen at the club to their complaints about young peoples lack of respect,lol.they are the worst pigs out there ,no wonder our kids dont respect them.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #22
kaytonk
Moopheus?

exactly, good to hear it from somebody who is mostly non-biased. I have lost respect for any older drivers since moving here, and just pull over if you see one wearing a hat
Old 24-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #23
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Sucks about the mirror, some people should have their license exchanged for a set of rollerskates or a tricycle with streamers imo.

And don't you guys go to Brisbane much??? The drivers in Brisbane are bloody idiots.

I drove through Maryborough once, was pretty small but I didn't see much in the way of traffic. Hervey Bay is pretty quiet too, though what is with the bloody bogans in Commodores doing laps of the esplanade on Friday and Saturday nights???

Not as bad as Gatton I guess. I had a job out there once. Every Commodore at the lights felt the need to prove how big their ИИИИИ was every time the lights changed (I was in a work Camry). Wow, a 'worked' Commodore, haven't seen one of those before!
Old 25-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #24
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Sucks about the mirror, some people should have their license exchanged for a set of rollerskates or a tricycle with streamers imo.

And don't you guys go to Brisbane much??? The drivers in Brisbane are bloody idiots.

I drove through Maryborough once, was pretty small but I didn't see much in the way of traffic. Hervey Bay is pretty quiet too, though what is with the bloody bogans in Commodores doing laps of the esplanade on Friday and Saturday nights???

Not as bad as Gatton I guess. I had a job out there once. Every Commodore at the lights felt the need to prove how big their ИИИИИ was every time the lights changed (I was in a work Camry). Wow, a 'worked' Commodore, haven't seen one of those before!

i drive on the m1 every single day and i must say the peak hour/work time drivers are very tolerant and respectfull...well mostly...you show people patience and its come backs to you

lots of hoons tho
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 01:32 AM   #25
kaytonk
Moopheus?

holy crap, i lived in gatton for 5 years before I moved to this hole.
and you've seen a worked commodore hey? u must feel special. and maybe they just couldnt take off from the lights without stalling unless they rev the crap out of it.

maryb isnt so bad, im just not impressed the locals today
Old 24-01-2006, 01:35 AM   #26
kaytonk
Moopheus?

^^^^ that should be im not impressed with the locals atm

and i go to bris a fair bit. its very disorganised, but as a general rule drivers there are careless, but not stupid.

Last edited by kaytonk; 24-01-2006 at 01:43 AM.
kaytonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #27
dvk
running from explosions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytonk
and i go to bris a fair bit. its very disorganised, but as a general rule drivers there are careless, but not stupid.
This is spot on - I've also found that drivers there generally know what they're doing, they're just hardcore about getting where they want to go with minimum delay/fuss. It's always a 30 second adjustment driving in traffic there, but once you're keyed in, its a piece of cake, and much less stressful than many situations one runs into here on a daily basis. Commuting from Maryborough to Hervey bay especially. Mostly because around town at 50 clicks, mary lawnbowls can plough into a lightpost/fence/will's mirror and generally mess things up. But on the bay road at 110, mary lawnbowls decides she can wander over the double line, and she is promptly collected by a patrol, who in turn collects another 10 vehicles and, yknow, it's a bit nasty. High speed errors are what *really* scare the ИИИИ out of me.
dvk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 07:37 AM   #28
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Hang on Will, are you saying you're not impressed with me? I'm a local, I think. :P Aside from spending the first 6 months of my life in Childers, then (18 years later) 1 year in Bris and 1 Year in Hervey Bay, I have lived here all my life. That makes me a local doesnt it? Oh, no, wait. I am a bad driver. You're probably right.
Old 24-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #29
kaytonk
Moopheus?

hahaha, no, I was told the other day, to be a local you have to be here 3 generations
Old 25-01-2006, 02:19 AM   #30
whoopurazz

he he
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post