Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Pugrot
Starter Motor

Default VIC Camera location map

Hope this is not repost, couldn't find it with a search:

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/roadsafety

Only surprise for me is the tolerances are finally stated, seems very tight compared to UK where its something like 10% + 3MPH.

Quote:
"In Victoria, police set a threshold speed at which the camera will capture speeding drivers. A legislative tolerance is automatically deducted from the detected speed of every vehicle found exceeding this threshold speed.
This tolerance deducts two km/hr from a vehicle's detected speed for fixed digital safety cameras or three km/hr (or three per cent for speeds over 100km/hr) from a vehicle's detected speed for mobile cameras.
For example, if you receive an infringement notice from a mobile camera saying you have an alleged speed of 66km/hr and a detected speed of 69 km/hr, it means that you were actually caught travelling at 69km/hr. However, because of the three km/hr tolerance, your speed, for the sake of the infringement, is the alleged speed of 66km/hr.
Please note: This legislative tolerance does not apply to speed readings measured by the Hume Highway point-to-point system."

There is also a mention of a secondary speed verification that must be in place for fixed cameras, imo this should be in place for mobile ones as well, three km/h tolerance on a mobile camera with an infinite number of variables is not a huge amount different to the fixed camera, where only variables are weather and time of day. But maybes I'm just f** off with the tickets I get for 65km/h.

Pugrot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It still doesnt say the kmh/% you are allowed over.

Doing heaps of kms like I do, it seems on freeways and country highways actual cops dont bother if they cant do you for a 3 pointer (10 to 25 over, and thats minus the 2 or 3km/h descrepency tolerence)). I am often seen doing 8 or 10 over(by gps speed, more like 15 on my speedo). But I would say doint that past a speed camera would have you a ticket.

On the Hume, I really try not to speed in the average speed area at all. GPS keeps an eye on the average. Kind of nice, can be stuck behind a few slow cars at 100 for a bit, then do 120 or 125 for a bit to get back to an average of 110 or 112 or so. Just make sure to reset your average speed each time you go past a camera cos there are different distances between them. Ie, if you fave a 105 average in one part, then get it up to 110 for the next without resetting, you could have actaully averaged 120 depending on how small the cameras were set apart! Just reset at each camera.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post