Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Fg Mk2 Online

Hey guys,

FG2 is finally up on the Ford website as of tonight.

New colours are showing too...

A new blue - Kenetic (avail from now) and a Green called Swift, similiar to the current emerald Holden green.

www.ford.com.au

cheers.

2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fg Mk2 Online

After seeing the pics I'm glad I have the series 1.

The new series are all the same except the XR's having different headlights.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

early 2012 for the ecoboost 4 potter, looking forward to see how it goes.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
early 2012 for the ecoboost 4 potter, looking forward to see how it goes.
Over 400nm torque
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Over 400nm torque
cant get my head around a 4 pot falcon . i'm thinking of how a camry sounds at full song
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
cant get my head around a 4 pot falcon . i'm thinking of how a camry sounds at full song
We could be looking at the next SR20 here, I wouldn't put it down too early.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I rather like it, more sleek/refined, curious about the headlights, are the Territory/FGII HID projector headlights? Or are they just Halogen projectors? Still if the latter its better than halogen reflectors.

Which is what annoys me, we live in Australia, particularily out in the country, good lights are a requirement, I was talking to my local Ford dealer on the top of the range LW Focus, he said that the HID projectors are a $2500 option, which I think is a bit over the top, particularily if they're the crappy Hella projectors.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #7
EL2794
TopGhia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
haha camrys at full song are so terrible.
EL2794 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #8
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Over 400nm torque
hurly burly, that`s ........er amazing, my AU is gonna get a complex being left at the lights by a family 4 potter :(.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #9
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
hurly burly, that`s ........er amazing, my AU is gonna get a complex being left at the lights by a family 4 potter :(.
Forget the AU, its probably quicker then an FG I6 with the possible exception of the LPI.

And considerably lighter so it should go around corners better as well.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:46 AM   #10
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Over 400nm torque
Thanks for the info. That would totally embarrass the 3.0.
Would be funny if they quote 409Nm. Again.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What makes you think the EcoBoost will have 400nm??? Ford have previously indicated they will not be going for big spec numbers, but rather they will be concentrating on fuel economy and drivability …

The 2012 Focus ST is rated at 185kw and 360nm … I see these numbers as the maximum the Falcon may be getting, but more realistically the Falcon numbers will probably be slightly lower … remember this engine is not designed to win a grand prix but rather deliver good economy with efficient drivability … with the weight of the Falcon going after big numbers means the 8ltr per 100km target will be unachievable …

Quote:
Over 400nm torque
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I actually heard from a mate who is an engineer with a supplier that works closely with Ford on important parts of the vehicle that they actually have detuned the EcoBoost package a little for that exact criteria and that the test drivers were really, really surprised at how well it went.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
I actually heard from a mate who is an engineer with a supplier that works closely with Ford on important parts of the vehicle that they actually have detuned the EcoBoost package a little for that exact criteria and that the test drivers were really, really surprised at how well it went.
And we have yet to see the retail price on that..no doubt at all that early adopters will be bent right over... How much will the difference be between the run-out special on a normal XR6 and the retail on a new model FG2 Ecoboost, and how many hundreds of thousands of km's will they have to drive to save that difference in fuel costs ??

Oh I'll work it out just for fun:-
Maybe the retail driveaway on an Ecoboost might be something like circa $54,990 and you can buy an XR6 on run-out for $34,990, difference = $20,000, so at 2 litres per 100 km's more efficient, (estimate 7.9 litres per 100 km's for Ecoboost vs 9.9 for inline 6) and with fuel at say $1.60 = 12,500 litres / 2 x 100 = 625,000 km's divided by an average per annum of 15,000 km's motoring per annum = 41 years motoring
See what I mean by early adopters paying retail and getting bent over.

Anyone genuinely interested in low cost large car motoring will simply buy an XR6 on run-out special pricing.

Last edited by Rodge; 02-11-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #14
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
What makes you think the EcoBoost will have 400nm??? Ford have previously indicated they will not be going for big spec numbers, but rather they will be concentrating on fuel economy and drivability …

The 2012 Focus ST is rated at 185kw and 360nm … I see these numbers as the maximum the Falcon may be getting, but more realistically the Falcon numbers will probably be slightly lower … remember this engine is not designed to win a grand prix but rather deliver good economy with efficient drivability … with the weight of the Falcon going after big numbers means the 8ltr per 100km target will be unachievable …
It could unknowingly become a performance option depending on what the aftermarket crew comes up with.

Considering this engine is in other Fords world wide like the new Focus ST, its not just what people here in Australia can do with their aftermarket wizzardry.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #15
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
What makes you think the EcoBoost will have 400nm??? Ford have previously indicated they will not be going for big spec numbers, but rather they will be concentrating on fuel economy and drivability 

The 2012 Focus ST is rated at 185kw and 360nm  I see these numbers as the maximum the Falcon may be getting, but more realistically the Falcon numbers will probably be slightly lower  remember this engine is not designed to win a grand prix but rather deliver good economy with efficient drivability  with the weight of the Falcon going after big numbers means the 8ltr per 100km target will be unachievable 
There are a few guys that are privvy to insider info, he is one of them.
What gives you the impression more torque isn't better for economy?
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #16
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well to make more power the engine needs to burn more fuel …

When looking at the same engine, and assuming the engine in the same efficiency band (i.e. you are not trying to make too little power or too much power) a lower power out figure will be more economical than a higher power output figure … that is because more power requires more air, and more air requires more fuel to burn to maintain the same air/fuel mixture … (assuming the same efficiency band tuning is applied).

The statement above may sometimes be counteracted when too little power is applied to a weight of a vehicle, hence making the higher power tune more economical, but in the Falcons case too little power is probably well below 300nm before it starts affecting economy negatively …

When looking at other current implementations of the Ecoboost I can see the Volvo XC70 being a good reference point to the Falcon as it has similar dimensions and weight to the Falcon (i.e. large car) … its economy is 8.7ltr and its power figures are 177kw and 320nm, its 4wd so there is some extra drive train loss in there … The Focus ST on the other hand will have more power and better fuel economy of 7.7ltr but it’s a much lighter FWD car …

That’s why I think the Falcon’s power will fall somewhere in between these two … unless Ford in not interested of achieving its original advertised 8ltr fuel economy targets … also don’t forget the Focus ST is tuned for premium fuel only, I would be surprised if Ford did the same for the Falcon and made it incompatible with 91.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
There are a few guys that are privvy to insider info, he is one of them.
What gives you the impression more torque isn't better for economy?
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #17
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Still no XR8 
Looks pretty much the same old.
Any word on new diesel engine for Falcon?
What about FPV FG2... Anyone know?
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #18
krzysiek

Why no 18" option on the LPi? Anyone know the reason?

Possible to fit 18" after market?
krzysiek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #19
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

XT with new nose now looks a much better vehicle, one worth owning,
XR front is just ...wow and G6E is refreshed with linkage to previous model

jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #20
Rodge
Banned

Liquid injection and ecoboost are great new fuel efficient options and the new colours look good but i'm still not convinced the front end styling on anything other than XT is an improvment.

8 inch screen is nice but it would have been really nice to have some genuinely useful technology, like blind spot assist or adaptive cruise control.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #21
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Are they asking 71K for a G6E Turbo

"Falcon G6E Turbo
Drive away price° from $71,313
270kW/533Nm turbocharged I6 engine with ZF 6-speed automatic transmission
19" alloy wheels^
8-Way driver power seat with memory
Luxury performance suspension"

I can't imagine to many of those being sold anywhere near that price.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #22
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Gee, the Ecoboost videos would have us believe that it will be mounted transverse in the Falcon..... ;-)

Lukeyson
Old 01-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #23
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not April 1st is it?

XT - $48,100
G6 - $51,371
G6E - $58,762
G6ET - $69,913
XR6 - $50,949
XR6T - $57,282
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #24
qdda5

If thats the best they can do its no wonder they cant sell cars. Pretty poor effort imo. G6 models look like a smaller version of the new new Territory. Dont mind the look of the Territory but it doesnt suit the G6 range. Glad I have the G6et series 1 as well. Big yawn here......
qdda5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #25
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Re: Fg Mk2 Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0

XT - $48,100
G6 - $51,371
G6E - $58,762
G6ET - $69,913
XR6 - $50,949
XR6T - $57,282
If those prices are correct..Ford has killed the Falcon..$48100for an XT !! Holden must be laughing and ramping up Omega production. I hope those prices are a massive typo...
Old 03-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #26
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
If those prices are correct..Ford has killed the Falcon..$48100for an XT !! Holden must be laughing and ramping up Omega production. I hope those prices are a massive typo...
Probably not...back in March when we bought the G6E the salesman said, when we asked about a "basic" Falcon (before finding out e great trade in deal we got on the G6E) that "no one buys a standard Falcon...you'll end up paying over forty grand."

I think they rely on just selling bulk amounts of mainly XR6's sitting on the lot...if you sit down and order something bespoke in a particular colour and trim, you'll pay through the nose...I think they're trying to actively discourage people from doing that nowadays.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
I think they rely on just selling bulk amounts of mainly XR6's sitting on the lot...if you sit down and order something bespoke in a particular colour and trim, you'll pay through the nose...I think they're trying to actively discourage people from doing that nowadays.
100% correct... Reason being they got caught out with too much old unwanted stock laying around the place back in the early BA days, and silly dealers who ordered it whinging because it wouldn't sell (well if you order a car in a **** colour with overpriced options ofcourse its not going to sell... Just like the dealers who order GT-P's without no cost option stripes, they are easier to remove then fit later!!). The option list is getting smaller and smaller everytime they bring out a new model and its no suprise really, the days of ordering your new car with 10 options are over.

The only day id buy an XT would be if I was a country rep and needed 16 inch wheels, they are just too bland and boring inside...
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #28
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0

XT - $48,100
G6 - $51,371
G6E - $58,762
G6ET - $69,913
XR6 - $50,949
XR6T - $57,282
Those prices look very, very high, how do they compare to MK1 pricing ?
Shudder to think what they'll cost when they get to N.Z. what with the $1.30 exchange rate and extra 5% GST here. WTF are Ford thinking ????

If this is a portender for MK2 FPV pricing, people looking for a bargain MK1 FPV version better get moving before its common knowledge.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #29
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0

XT - $48,100
G6 - $51,371
G6E - $58,762
G6ET - $69,913
XR6 - $50,949
XR6T - $57,282
Ford needs to correct their serious disconnect with their Falcon pricing relative to list/rrp and the prices paid by the public.

It is a serious turn off for potential buyers who may see the adverts and think yeah, I'll go to the web and check them out. It also skews the resale value for Red Book etc.

Those prices should be
XT - $34,990
G6 - $36,990
G6E - $43,990
G6ET - $49,990
XR6 - $36,990
XR6T - $43,990

Add $2500 if you want EcoLPi

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #30
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Ford needs to correct their serious disconnect with their Falcon pricing relative to list/rrp and the prices paid by the public.

It is a serious turn off for potential buyers who may see the adverts and think yeah, I'll go to the web and check them out. It also skews the resale value for Red Book etc.

Those prices should be
XT - $34,990
G6 - $36,990
G6E - $43,990
G6ET - $49,990
XR6 - $36,990
XR6T - $43,990

Add $2500 if you want EcoLPi
The pricing has been released in the thread HERE

For the lazy here is a summary (based on MLP)

XT - $37,235
G6 - $40,835
G6E - $46,735
G6ET - $56,235
XR6 - $39,990
XR6T - $46,2350

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post