Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Aeron
DJR Fan

Default Please Slow Down - Fatal Crash **Please Read**

This morning I had the misfortune of coming across a triple fatality 30secs after it happened. I was heading west bound on Bringelly road and came across a blue WRX with the whole side of the car taken out, and 50 or so metres up the road was a red HQ Holden with huge front and side damage. 2 cars had pulled over coming the other way and I pulled over opposite. The guy from one of the cars went to see if the people in the HQ were Ok. The lady called “000”, and I went to the WRX to see if everyone was Ok. When I got to the car I was confronted with the most shocking site in my life. The driver, and the passenger in the back seat were both dead. Both had massive head injuries. The passenger in the front seat was unconscious. The cars horn was blaring. There was nothing I could do. The entire road was covered in debris. The radiator was sitting on the road, as was the brake booster from the WRX. Also the drive shafts and their rubber boots were torn to bits and left on the road. There was even a shoe.

I went back to the lady that had pulled over, to comfort her. She was a bit of a mess. She told me that she was heading East bound with the WRX behind her, and when she got to the 80Km/h zone, the WRX took off. She was doing 80Km/h and the car pulled away from her. Then she came to the bend (suggested speed 65Km/h) and saw the cars in their resting places. She gave the Police all of this info.

From the tyre marks on the road it looks like he was going too fast (more than 100Km/h) then tried to make the bend. From the tyre marks it looks like the WRX was in a 4 wheel slide. You could see an under steer mark, then a funny dotted tyre mark from the right rear like the rear end had begun to hop. Then the car collided.

The elderly female driver of the HQ Holden was already dead. The driver and the passenger of the WRX were also dead. The elderly male passenger in the front of the HQ and the passenger in the front of the WRX both lived. This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. To come across the scene that I saw, and then to witness the deceased in their car is shocking, and will make me think twice next time I think about putting my foot down.

The Police didn’t want me to drive but I said I was fine. The Ambo’s took the lady, that pulled over, to the hospital for counselling. The Police wanted me to go too but I said I was fine. Then I got in my car and it just hit me. I burst into tears. The Police man had to ring my parents to come and get me. The Police officers and Ambo’s were great!! I don’t how they deal with this stuff. So I ended up spending 1 hour at Oran Park then just need to go home. My mind is screwed up at the moment. Every time I close my eyes all I can see is the cars and the victims.

So please guys, slow down. Its not worth putting your family through hell just because you have your mates in the car and you want to show off. The poor elderly couple were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Speed was the cause and this crash could have been avoided.

PS: Keep an eye out on the news. You may see my car.

EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow,
what a terrible way to end Easter... I feel for you guys the witnesses.. What a terrible scene to come across.

I feel for all the families involved in this terrible accident...

And Aeron please take care, if you start to feel strange, go see someone, what you have just witnessed is hard to remove from your memory, and talking about it with a professional might be a good idea..
take care..
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

whoa...thats a bit full on..at least some people got out, it could have been worse and hopefully people will take notice...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

i saw it on the news break earlier, was absolutley shocking......hope you get over it ok mate..

ive come across a few accidents in my time driving, but luckily enough i havent come across any fatalities...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Yes mate,dont be worried about talking to someone about this,what an horrific accident to come across,take it easy mate..
Old 17-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #6
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

damn i can only imagine it be hell to be at the scenes :(

also it's here as well http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18836273-2,00.html
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #7
The Monty
Just slidin'

Aeron, Im very sorry to hear about what you have witnessed. Its so sad for the families as well when something like this happens. And at a time of the year when all the love is so strong. Take care, and there is someone that will always be willing to listen.
Old 17-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #8
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No good at all mate.. Talk to everyone about it, thats the best.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Imagine being an Ambo or Cop that has to confront this as part of the duties, once in a life time would be bad enough, some of these poor buggers see it way too often.

So many families affected by such a tragedy
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #10
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Imagine being an Ambo or Cop that has to confront this as part of the duties, once in a life time would be bad enough, some of these poor buggers see it way too often.
I dont know how they do it. The Police woman I had a chat to said when she's in her uniform, it doesn't affect her, but she knew that when she gets home, takes the uniform off, puts the kids to bed, then she'll sit and have a cry. I felt like a right goose balling my eyes out in front of the Police/Fire/Ambo's.

Old 17-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #11
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I dont know how they do it. The Police woman I had a chat to said when she's in her uniform, it doesn't affect her, but she knew that when she gets home, takes the uniform off, puts the kids to bed, then she'll sit and have a cry. I felt like a right goose balling my eyes out in front of the Police/Fire/Ambo's.
The police officer is right, When I put on my overalls it gives me a barrier against emotion. I’m in work mode and it isn’t until later when the adrenalin wears of do you realise what has happened.
Old 18-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #12
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I felt like a right goose balling my eyes out in front of the Police/Fire/Ambo's.
Aeron, DO NOT FEEL THAT WAY. Emergency services folk are trained professionals who get on with the job. The adrenalin starts pumping, its head down and ИИИИ up, and you concentrate on doing your job. Its afterwards when you cool down that it hits you. And it is at this time when cousellors, mates and a few beers help you calm down and be happy that you made it home okay

Mate you are NOT a goose.
You are a human being WHO CARES.

Kindest Regards

Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #13
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
Aeron, DO NOT FEEL THAT WAY. Emergency services folk are trained professionals who get on with the job. The adrenalin starts pumping, its head down and ИИИИ up, and you concentrate on doing your job. Its afterwards when you cool down that it hits you. And it is at this time when cousellors, mates and a few beers help you calm down and be happy that you made it home okay

Mate you are NOT a goose.
You are a human being WHO CARES.

Kindest Regards

Paul
Good point, our emtions are also wanting to grief with others, but we must remain strong and get the job down, I let it catch up with me later.....
Old 17-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #14
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I can’t stress enough how important being counseled is. Professionals see it often and deal with it in there own way. They all see councilors after a rescue or even retrieval jobs. I have done land search on a property where some one murdered a family member and buried them less than 100 meters from the house. A horrific scene and seeing the suspected (now convicted) family member walking amongst us was quite disturbing. (I was de briefed and counseled)

My point is you should be proud of what you did, most people would have kept going like nothing happened. But you tried to help and you did all you can to better the situation.

Tip my hat to you.
Old 17-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #15
firemansam
Starter Motor

My Dad once came across a single car accident in which the female driving had been decapitated. He never ever forgot that.

My Pop was an ambo for years and years back when counselling was unheard of. I don't know how he could have handled it, I guess it may have helped that he was in the army. I know this isn't exactly car related but he once had to attend a fatal where two people were drunk and fell asleep on the train tracks and the train ran clean over them.

You wouldn't wish this sort of stuff on your worst enemy.
firemansam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #16
Scott

Aeron, I know that feeling of walking up to a car and not really wanting to look inside, good on you for doing what you could, take care man.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #17
FAT071
Low 'N' Fat, The Only Way

Man that is awful, if I was you I'd go and see someone and try to get it out of my head.
But what FF said speed itself wasn't the only factor, patience comes into it also why over take a car already doing the speed limit.
Mick
Destroyer
FAT071 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #18
Kenster

Man that just hard just reading the story is shocking but being at the event i would of been so shock to even try to do anything after seeing what you just saw as well.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #19
Rob
Living the dream

Hope you're ok Aeron, disturbing thing to have happen. I remember once driving home from a mates house one night and seeing ambo's and police near a roundabout. There was a smashed up motorbike nearby, and a black bag... human sized. Bothered me for weeks.

Best to talk to someone about it, express the emotion, rather than have it pent up. Good luck mate.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #20
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

I've always thought that section of Bringelly Rd was a potential black spot. Coming out of Rossmore heading eastbound the road ascends and for a bit and then descends down and off to the left - a gentle but blinding turn which is very easy to get a car understeery and unsettled. NOT a particularly wise place to be overtaking AT ALL. The road then veers off to the right, with plenty of trees lining both sides of the road - with yet another blind corner and nowhere to go. Double white lines all the way in that section. Ironically there is an overtaking lane at the traffic light intersection just up past the right hander at Camden Valley Way/Hoxton Park Rd.

Anyways very unfortunate the WRX driver found out the hard way, Aeron, I can only suggest getting professional counselling mate, sorry to hear of the news.
Old 17-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Thats an awful thing to see. It's going to take awhile to get over it, so talk to people about it. Even if it's only your friends and family.

I feel sorry for the woman and the passengers in the vehicles.
It's been all over the news all day.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #22
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Aeron, i know exactly how you feel, it's not the best thing to have happen.

A similar thing happened to me last year, JUST over a year ago, it was Easter Thursday evening. Myself and my fiance were heading off to Victoria's west, for a couple of nights break over easter last. At the time i had my beastly Corona. We came home from work, packed in a hurry and jumped in the car. For those of you familiar with Melbourne's western freeways, i was heading out on the Western, and was approaching the Melton turnoffs. I was toddling along at about 108, in the 110 zone, sitting comfortably behind a Prado laden with holiday gear and i think it had a trailer with motorbikes on it too. My fiance and i were just chatting hapilly, looking forward to the break.

As i glanced up to check my rear view mirror i saw a VK or similar commodore approaching quite quickly, and as this happens every 5 minutes in my area, i didn't really give it a second thought. As it got closer though i noticed it was swaying from side to side, quite dangerously. As it went past me i consciously moved to the left, to give it a wide berth, as i didn't want to be the first of the Easter toll. As it went past i noticed the driver and front passenger (30's or 40's males) talking to each other quite animated, as though they were oblivious of anything around them. It continued on ahead swinging back and forth, in and out of it's lane, cutting people off, then back out to pass again.

About 30 seconds later, i saw it swerve from the right lane into the Melton exit slip lane, very quickly, then steered back the other way, got it's rear right in the gravel/dirt on the right hand side of the slip lane, lost it to the left, lost it to the right, lost it back to the left, then tipped over from the friction going sideways at what i estimate to be about 80-90km/h, and basically cartwheeled end over end, before coming to a stop on its roof in the middle of the exit road. It was about 100m or so ahead of me at this stage, but i jammed on the anchors and jumped on the mobile to 000 straight away, several others also stopped (including the 4x4 infront of me which was nearly taken out by him earlier). As i approached the car, on it's roof, two males emerged, both of them hurt quite badly, but there was another occupant i hadn't seen earlier. He........ was about 50 metres from the wreck, curled up on the road surface. As i walked up to see if i could help him, i noticed he was sitting in a large pool of his own blood/head contents. Horrible. I found out later apparently the sun visor arm had gone through his head, before he flew out through the windscreen.

It certainly wasn't something i was hoping to see, and definitely wasn't the happiest way of starting a holiday.

They were drunk. Car was stolen.

Aeron, as i said i know how you feel, it's a bit of a shocker. I've seen little 'fender benders' happen before, but to see that happen first hand was almost like watching some Hollywood car chase... It can shake you up, but don't worry you'll get over it, if nothing else, it helps to put things in perspective hey.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #23
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

What a terrible thing to happen, at easter of all times. I feel for the families that have lost members, and I hope you're okay Aeron.

I witnessed an accident happen in Donvale a couple of years ago where a truck ended up driving straight over a Jaguar - to witness the very thing happen then to visually confirm that the driver of the jag was deceased was something it took quite a few weeks to get over.

Hearing about this stuff makes me think twice about even driving some times - let alone driving stupidly.
Old 17-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #24
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Aeron, The Police / Ambos ? Fires ? ses all have a support network . if you cant sleep tonight thats understandable But if you cant sleep couse you keep seeing the same thing night after night then you need to see some one about it .. Just ring the police and get in touch with the officer you talked to and they will pass you onto some one straight away ..

some things are best talked about to strangers

My Parents and I have been in the S.E.S. for a long time ( mum 35yrs still active ... DAD 19yrs Me 9yrs on leave nealy 2 years now ) So i know what you are going through and for some people it is harder then others.
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #25
Aeron
DJR Fan

Thanks for the support guys and gals. I think I will seek help.

And i'll just clear up a point. The driver didn’t over take over double white lines. He over took the lady in a safe, broken line, section of road. She was doing 80 and he passed her and took off into the distance.

Old 17-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #26
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

It must be a shocking job being a cop or ambo. To an extent I guess you would get desensitised to it, but nothing could totally remove the effect.

Unfortunately accidents like this hapen all the time. Speed might not have been the only factor, but it was the main factor and the cause of the accident. If hte WRX had have kept to the speed limit all would still be alive today as there would have been no need to overtake in the first place.

Its just a shame when idiots like this kill innocent members of other cars or their passengers.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #27
HLC
Audi S3

i saw that on the news. absolutely terrible. :(

i came across an accident not long after it happened, less than a minute at James Ruse Drive off ramp on the M4 once... a car was geting off the motorway, went way too fast around the corner, understeered over the median strip flicking it onto its side and another car just came along and took off the hole top of the car. across the window line, including the top half of the driver... its scary stuff.
Old 17-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #28
McobraR
me may my mo

You actually saw the accident? MAN that wouldve been real disturbing indeed. I just live a minute or so away from where it happened and, from what ive heard, im so glad i didnt see it.
In the end, i agree, slow down, so many young blokes in their hotted up cars always trying to prove somethin by goin fast.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #29
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Aeron, not a pleasant sight to come across. It becomes much much worse when the family members of the deceased turn up, or we need to visit them to tell them off their loss.
Old 17-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #30
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I saw this on the news a shocking accident, You did a great job in assisting who you could mate, a job ery well done.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post