Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We'll they have an almost complete genuine XA GT anyway. The body looks mint, looks like it just needs a good clean, then the engine completed and they could probably sell it for about 50-70k. Not a bad investment really..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #32
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Gday Fev

Make no mistake that car would not sell for $70k even with mint paint and panel!

Non matching numbers is what lets it down. There are Wild Violet White Trim cars with great paint and panel and matching numbers asking $59k at the moment

Anyway - another GT saved and resatored is the best possible outcome so i am happy
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #33
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGAutosalvage
it was advertised as a non original engine.

car was a very clean example ,I think it was worth its money.
I thought it was going for low 20's

most of these cars have non original engines in them now. just because the engine number matches doesnt meen its the original ........
I agree there are a lot of gts out there with out the original block but thanks to the good old USA you wouldn't know
Old 11-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #34
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWildGT
I agree there are a lot of gts out there with out the original block but thanks to the good old USA you wouldn't know
the funny thing is back in the day restamping blocks & rebodying GTs was no big deal. its only nowdays that the cars are worth more that people care.
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #35
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wonder really how many GTs there are that still have all matching numbers ???
especially the ones that have been drive like they were supposed to and not pampered like they are nowadays
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #36
Sirchami
Starter Motor

i think it went for 33k.. my cuz was watchin it.. but it got refered so the owner didnt let it go think he wants more money 4 it...
Sirchami is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #37
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was a repossession and definitely sold to an internet bidder for the referred price of 29 grand.
Morexbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #38
robbyg
72xa

Hey guys must agree 29k a bit rich for non matching numbers, but i suppose it left broadmeadows a gt that must be worth something.
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post