Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BA falcon $5990 - 2nd hand car market is crazy

Just bought a Jan 04 BA falcon today. 190k, log books, servicing at Ford etc. Bought it at a car yard in Brisbane for $5990 driveaway. Car has no dents at all. Has bonnet and headlight protectors and floormats. The dealer said the guy traded it on a low k xr6 turbo. Higher kays but would appear to be highway running as there are no scrapes on the wheel covers, no car park dents but the bonnet protector and headlight protectors have a few marks (as does the front bumper). The car is immac. It had only just come in and hadn't even been detailed yet.

Wanted a corallo for the wife but Even if I pay 4 grand for lpg on the BA, I'll get the 2k back from Govt. and all up cost is around 8 grand. Cheaper than the rough 04 corollas I looked at.

12 months ago I bought an ef fairmont with 200k as a work car. It was immac but a 95 model with higher kays. I payed 3500 because anything else around at that time was either overpriced or Krap. Now I can have my pick of private au's for 3500.

Even looked at a few magnas (te - tj shape). Seen a couple under 2grand with RWC and rego.

Is the used car market suffering as a whole or does it just seem to be the bigger cars? Petrol prices and the incredible amount of standard kit you get in even the cheapest new cars must make larger second hand cars much less attractive.

Anyone else seen a sudden drop in prices recently?

ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post