Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2020, 07:33 PM   #1
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Everything you wanted to know about BA-FGX Memory Mirrors

Cluttered desk...

A couple of modules, mine - an Arduino, and the "Grizzly" Mirror Control Module found in the driver's door (hooks up to the mirror switches - and has a data line going into both mirrors).

I've added a 2N7000 MOSFET to the Arduino board. Left leg is in the ground hole, middle pin is in the D2 hole, right pin is sticking out - but is connected to the 100K resistor, who's other leg is in the D3 hole.

D3 and Ground are connected by a 2nd 100K resistor.

Black wire is ground, white wire is the mirror data signal going to the MOSFET's leg that's sticking out.

The theory was, there's a weak pull-up on the mirror data line, via the grizzly module (which is why I'm using very weak resistors in this project) and the MOSFET can pull that data line low when it wants to talk to the mirrors. The D3 line can listen for data, it's connected via two resistors to make a voltage divider - to bring the ~7.5v data signal to around 3.5v to be safe for my little 5V Arduino.

Attached is an Arduino project file that allows you to send 2 hex characters out from a master address (my Arduino - since I'm not using the real Memory Module here) which will be picked up by the unit that listens for whatever data is sent. Left mirror, right mirror and in one case which I think is just for diags, the mirror control module.

So, each mirror has 10 memory settings available to set and recall. They do not broadcast the mirror positions, so I know the grizzly module isn't what is saving the data. Nor is it the Memory Module under the driver's seat.

The mirrors I've got are not in as-good condition as my own (non memory ones) so I have not taken this project any further (notice no 5v regulator to power the project as it's all on the bench and getting power from my PC) - but I'm posting it here because someone might find it useful. I couldn't find any information on the Internet about these devices.

Here's some output from the project file - to give you an idea of what it's all about:

Falcon (BA-FGX) Memory Mirror Module interface code

messages from 0x32/0x33 (Right/Left mirrors)
0xA0=recall received
0xB0=program success

0x07=Moving (in memory recall)
0x27=Stopped (found memory positon)
0x47=Not in a memory position
0x67=?

0x87=Moving (in memory recall)
0xA7=Stopped (found memory positon)
0xC7=Not in a memory position
0xE7=?
|
Unsure what the high bit means here?

LH Mirror
02=recall memory 1 (all respond with 0xA0)
12=recall memory 2
22=recall memory 3
92=recall memory 10

RH Mirror
03=recall memory 1 (all respond with 0xA0)
13=recall memory 2 etc.

LH Mirror
20=program memory 1 (recall 02) (all respond with 0xB0)
30=program memory 2 (recall 12)
40=program memory 3 (recall 22)
B0=program memory 10 (recall 92)

RH Mirror
21=program memory 1 (recall 03) (all respond with 0xB0)
31=program memory 2 (recall 13) etc.

LH Mirror
04=down+right
14=up+right
24=down+left
34=up+left
44=right
54=left
64=down
74=up

RH Mirror
84=down+right
94=up+right
A4=down+left
B4=up+left
C4=right
D4=left
E4=down
F4=up

possible diagnostics:

06=0x32/0x33 responds with 0x06
16=0x32/0x33 responds with 0x16
26=0x32/0x33 responds with 0x26
36=0x32/0x33 responds with 0x36
F6=0x32/0x33 responds with 0xF6

07=0x2A responds with 0xF8
17=0x2A responds with 0x08
27=0x2A responds with 0x18
37=0x2A responds with 0x28
F7=0x2A responds with 0xE8

Notes:
0x2A is the "Grizzly" Mirror Control Module.
None of the tests here incorporated the Memory Module
because the BA one I have isn't well documented.
Attached Files
File Type: txt memory.ino.txt (11.7 KB, 10 views)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post