Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-01-2022, 07:37 PM   #1
Jamies460

Default Xmas Accident ......

Well to cut a long story short my Wife & myself headed off to Eden on the 1st of January for a couple of days for our Xmas Holiday, left home at 6am in the FG XR8 expecting to be in Eden by around Midday, around 10k's out of Eden i round a bend doing 80 - 90 kph & see this large white 4X4 heading off the road dragging the rear on the ground.... i think what the f-k is he doing as i watch him go off the road, next thing i know there's a large Wheel on the freeway coming at me at a good pace, i tried to avoid it but it got my drivers door & rear wheel arch, Bang Crunch. So i turn around & go back to the 4X4 thats off the side off the road & he says i saw you swerve to miss my tyre he said your lucky it missed you, i said no it just got me ! I said do you have Insurance which he said yes Shannons i said thats good as im with Shannons as well, his wife & 2 kids were in the car & were a little shaken up by what had just happened, I helped him put his spare wheel on then he Rang Shannons to tell them what had just happened, He also told me 2 days prior he had a Tow bar fitted & went down to see how it was coming along & that they had both rear wheels off !!!!! so some idiot forgot to do the left rear wheel nuts up... so folks best to check those wheel nuts after having tyres fitted, My XR8 is booked in for repairs on the 7th of Febuary its all been ascessed & cleared for repair, i wonder if he went back to the tow bar company & gave them a Blast as he's got 2 excess's to pay. Happy & Safe Motoring.
Jamies460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: