Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
V8Owner
Starter Motor

Default Private WSID day, Sunday January 30

The V8Owners forum would like to extend a warm welcome to all members of this new and astonishingly fast growing forum. (Great work Guys)

We have a private track Day booked a WSID on Sunday January 30.

We would like to welcome all interested Fordforums members to be our guests.

99% of the vehicles are everyday drivers with a few bolt-ons. A few are very quick. It should prove to be a fun day for all.

We have finally sorted out most of the issues and I wish to confirm the day will be going ahead.

WSID have restructured their private day arrangements:
• Minimum 40 cars, maximum 50 cars
• 2 Support crew per car
• 3 spectators per car
• Spectator area WILL be available
• Gates open 7:30am
• 2 scrutineers this time
• Racing from 10am
• Racing stops 4pm
This is a private event, only named drivers, crew and spectators will be admitted to WSID.

We have been able to secure Jan 30 at the old price of $150 per car. However going forward WSID will be charging $200 per car for private track days. We need a minimum of 40 cars, I am aiming for about 45 entrants, such that when the odd person drops out we still have the minimum of 40. You might remember with 30 cars last time the track was somewhat under-utilised, so I dont see 45 as an issue. This is not a competition event as such (no eliminations etc) however all timing systems and safety people will be on hand.

I have 33 names tentatively booked thus far, so I have about 15+ free spots available. This is a great opportunity for newbies to try out drag racing without the crowds etc, and there will be people on hand to show you the ropes.

Cars quicker than 10.99 will require ANDRA license/certification as per usual WSID requirements.

I am asking for deposits of $75, with final payment prior to the 30th.

To confirm your place, please email the following details to events@v8owners.com.au
• Driver forum name
• Driver real (full) name
• Phone number
• Car make, model
• Number of Crew
• Number of Spectators
You will receive an email with account details etc.

It's sure to be a great day, we sold out pretty quick last time so please get in quick!

Please if you have any enquiries post in this thread or email me v8owner@v8owners.com.au

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by V8Owner; 06-01-2005 at 05:02 PM.
V8Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post