Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-12-2006, 02:19 AM   #32
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I've found Landcruiser UTE drivers generally tend to be complete tosser hotheads. Something about the kind of person who drives a big 4x4 ute jacked up on stilts like a wannabe monster truck...

My fiance reckons I'm going to get myself hurt one day by reacting to the wrong person - I do not take crap on the road. If some idiot is tailgating me, I will usually slow right down (as others have done, by putting it into 2nd or 1st) the boot it back up to or slightly over the limit to give me some breathing room between them and my butt. Usually they get the bloody message after the first time and get their nose out of my rectum but I've had some people who just keep on keeping up my back passage. Its tempting to slam the brakes on and teach them a nice lesson but I like my car too much and I don't like being without it (I also don't like having whiplash) .

Both of us almost became part of a concrete barrier yesterday - some knobhead in a semi decided that I wasn't allowed to merge so sped up (down hill) to prevent me from merging (and it wasn't a soft shoulder - my choice was merge into a semi, merge into a concrete wall, or come to a dead stop). I had to brake very hard, had the wheels lock briefly and I was lucky that a) we didn't get badly hurt or b) the guy behind me didn't run up my ****. I was so ****ed off I was on the horn for a good while and flashing my lights behind him. If he'd hurt my girl through his idiocy, go knows how I would've reacted... For any Bris people, the on ramp in question is the one that takes you from the inbound lanes of Kelvin Grove Rd onto the ICB. A dodgy merge at the best of time, not helped by idiots who have no regard for anyone else's life.