Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
parawolf
beep beep

Default I think i've just seen Orion...(whoops, its an Aurion, nothing to see here)

Driving through South Melbourne/Docklands this morning was a black 'Falcon sized' vehicle with taped down car protection front and rear. Included every one of the glass decals had black gaffa tape over it. Licence plate UGL-448 The details?

Well let me say, this car was sheet metal different from the BA/BF. Different doors, different roofline, different boot glass, different exhausts (i'll get to that bit). Interestingly, this car looked and sounded like an FPV Typhoon. Why? No bulge first up, and it had turbo wind up when this guy driving it gave it berries (and he did it on more than one occasion).

Rather than draw differences from the BA/BF, let me start with the image from The Orion Hub of Knowledge...

Remove the sculpting from the doors, they are fairly flat. The bonnet was more similar to the BA/BF, higher nose, flatter front.

Rear glass was very long, the boot lid would have been about 50cm long.

LED tail lights. Circular too. Kinda Honda Integra design from what I could make out from the car bra.

Interior? slick. Far more Audi. Emergancy Blinkers (hazard lights) button was center top of the dash above the middle air vents.

The car I saw also was completely black, wearing black Typhoon rims. Fuel filler... was on the left had rear panel.. thats different right?

As I mostly saw the rear (he was going hard) and I was in a BF XR8 ute, the rear exhausts? dual outlets each side of the rear bumper... INTEGRATED INTO THE BUMPER! Very similar to the intake ducts in the picture above in the front bumper.

Looks good. Shame I don't have a camera or camera phone. 2007 release date??!?! This car looked complete!