Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
Dauphin
Irregular member

Default 3 Q's About AU2 VCT (engine, trim and electrical)

Hi everyone,

Some general questions regarding an AU2 VCT.

Question 1. See attached photos. After reading GK's excellent tutorial, I went to remove the plastic pipe to my throttle body to see how dirty it is and see if that's what might be causing a slightly rough idle. My clip / ring is different. Does anyone how to remove and replace the pipe when it has this ring? It's a very thin, tight wire cable, not a screw-type one. I don't want to damage it coz I have no idea.

Question 2. I've been soundproofing my vehicle (wheel wells and doors) and discovered a yellow foam piece inside the passenger's front door to fill a gap but it wasn't there on the driver's side. (Or was it the other way around?) Maybe the driver's side doesn't have it coz of the central locking tab? Anyway, only one side had it. Is it the same for everyone else or has someone probably taken apart my door before and lost it?

Question 3. On another door bit it had "PROGRAM: GRIZZLY" printed on it. Is this probably just a shift or computer name at the manufacturing plant or a code name for AU LWB?

Question 4. I know I said three questions but does anyone know how to get into the wiring so I can make a new wire from accessories?

Thank you,

Andrew.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote