Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2007, 03:02 AM   #1
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Japanese V8's

Well people after reading about beetus wanting peoples opinions on the much revered Toyota/Lexus 1UZ-FE i thought i would post a thread on another similiar engine, but from a different stable which i am mad keen on. It is a Nissan V8 and it comes in 2 variations. 4.1(VH41) or 4.5(VH45) litre capacities. Originally released in the Infiniti Q45 luxury car which made it's way only to America and also fitted to Nissan Leopards in Japan. Now, what makes this engine so cool is it's make up from the factory. Internals such as forged piston, forged rods, forged steel crank and sodium filled valves, and this was released in 1989!!. It also has 6 bolt mains as per the 1UZ but the block and rotating assembly are much more robust. For instance, NIZPRO fettled one which made its way into a ski race boat. It did have custom inlet manifolds made and aftermarket valve springs fitted. With all other supporting hardware there have been mutters of this thing making in the vicinity of 1000 hp on the standard bottom end. Keep in mind being a race boat(or any boat) it only has 1 gear and it is held around the 7500 mark for 15 mins at a time. In NZ they are into these things pretty heavy! Some dirt track classes only allow certain capacity and carbies. Enter the VH45, with custom inlet and holley's mounted on top these are said to make 500+hp. Also have read of one guy stroking the smaller, later model VH41 to 6.0 litres, has 8 throttle bodies, runs on methanol and makes a whopping 830hp!!
Well i have got it out. Some of you may be interested and some not so i'll leave you a photo and a couple of links. Please take note of the main cap arrangement in the photo, FACTORY.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zeroforum/193
www.nissanv8.com