Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
AUIIForte

Default 40km/h over speed limit

Hay ive got a friend who was pulled over by an unmarked police car doing 140 in a 100 zone, he was rushing to see his girl friend who was very sick (no excuse to speed, I know) and the officer told him that if my mate can offer him some proof of this girls sickness (medical certificate) then he might reconsider punishment {MIGHT**.
So 2 days later my friend calls up the officer who gave him his card to contact him on, told the officer he's got the proof and all, but now the officer wants my friend to drive over to the other side of canberra (Belconnen, my friend lives near Theodore) to his office in a week to discuss what is going to happen!?!

Its got my friend in the biggest explosion of suspense because he has no idea what is going to happen... He's only got one point left on his liscence (P plater, ive got very young friends) and he relies on his car to work. Plus he's the taxi of the family, he needs to take his mum to work and bring her home, take his younger brother to school, then later tennis, then bring him back home and a few more driving jobs here and there through out the week. So pretty much, he NEEDS his liscence!

Is there anybody here who knows whats going on, or what the officer might be doing? I told my friend not to worry too much because if the officer wanted his liscence suspended, he would have already done it. Any thoughts or comments would be great. Im going to send this thread to my friends email so please dont be harsh towards him :

Cheers

AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote