Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
BOF Cross8

Default Switched Camps

Hello,

After a few years in the dark side, I have traded the Cross8 and purchased a AWD Territory TS.

What a change!!

After spending several years with the Cross8 and getting into the Territory I can report the following.

The AWD system in the Territory is so far ahead of the system in the X8 that they can't really be compared, drove along the beach yesterday, the same beach I have driven along many times before in the X8 and the X8 was always applying the brakes, traction control on, as the system creeked and groaned along and unable to be turned off, the territory system did not even come on and I was not left wishing I could turn it off until I really got into it and then I have the luxury of an "off" switch which was great.

The ride is not so trucklike however to be fair I am not comparing apples with apples here (ute with wagon)

The gearbox (4 speed) in the TS feels like it came out of a spaceship, the X8 felt like I had a guy swinging an axe changing gears.

The fuel consumption of the TS is actually worse than the X8 and by a significant amount, on the road the X8 was good for an average of around 11.8 - 12.0 per 100kms (after edit), at the same speed the TS is up around 12.8-13.2 which isnt all that good and actually significantly worse than I expected.

Getting used to the engine in the TS is the hardest part, from an Edited LS1 to a stock IL6 it feels like mmmmm doesnt feel too damn good at all, taking off from the lights the territory is like trying to move a ship and until around 3000rpm they just do not want to move, not to mention the lack of V8 rumble (although only just)

All in all, very happy with the Territory and do no regret the change for a second.

Now a Territory with an LS1 up front. NICE! :

BOF Cross8 is offline   Reply With Quote