Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Are your windows tinted?
Yes 489 75.35%
No 50 7.70%
Not yet, but soon. 110 16.95%
Voters: 649. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #9
bscampbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
not only look's good but help's block those UV ray's, put your hand near tinted glass and then put your hand up next to a peice of glass that is not tinted on a very warm day, you can feel the difference straight away
Nope, that's the reduction in heat you feel, not a reduction in UV light because untinted windows block 99% of UV light anyway! Tinted windows push that up to 99.9%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I find the same thing with mine so dark - it's brilliant during the day and there's almost no light condition that allows you to see inside the vehicle, but at night, if there was a car/truck driving along without his headlights on and I was at an intersection, I'd pull right out in front of him because I won't see him.
Guess that's why you legally can't have less than 35% light transmittance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdomain
As for illegal tints.... I heard at one stage if you have an illegal tint and your car is in an accident, the insurance company can void your warranty because of the illegal tinting. Has anybody else heard this?
Very true. If you have an accident and they see you have an illegal tint, they'll just say bad luck! They'll find anything to prevent a payout!
However, I have spoken to an XR6T owner with a 20% tint who collected a Kangaroo and had it repaired through insurance...may have been lucky though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Im fully quailified tinter, no dodgy work done here, i work for a tint shop during the week but on weekends do my own tinting, all legal tint,use only quality full metalised and or non metalised films, and a lot cheaper than tint shops.
You can probably answer my question then!
I had a Ming tint done and it was like a pro had done one side and a noob did the other because the cutting was rough, and there were large vertical gaps on the windows! Had it redone, but how do I know if they used the metallic tint, and not the dye-based tint? Actually, how do you know they haven't totally stiffed you and just given you dye-based all around? Is there a simple test, like measuring temperature at the inside surface of the tint?

I think something else that is very important to add is the make of your tint, how much and where you had it done!

35% Ming, Bendigo, $400 on a BA wagon.
Legally, you can't even get a darker tint for the rear windows of a wagon! That sucks!

2009 VW Caravelle

Last edited by bscampbell; 16-04-2005 at 04:49 PM.
bscampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post