Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2007, 02:19 AM   #1
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Default Best car for 20k - revisited

Hey, didn't want to mine an old thread but some will remember about a month ago I asked everyone what they thought was a good 20k car. I thought I would just update you guys, I finally bit the bullet and got one!

I got a dark grey '04 model Honda Accord Euro and it is absolutely fantastic. Drove it home today from Geelong and I enjoyed every minute of it. I test drove it and a black Mazda 6 Luxo and the decision was a no brainer. Although the mazda had a bit of front end damage (hence the low price) it was also a great car but it was the little things in the end that made my decision. The 6 was very loud inside, lots of road noise and the quality of the interior was a little dissapointing for an upperclass model. It had leather seats which looks sensational but were quite hard and stiff. The Euro had valour seats which were much softer and comfortable. The sunroof in the Mazda was really awesome (had to play with it) and the leg room especially in the back was excellent, a little more room in the back than the Euro but the Euro had a larger boot which was probably better for me.

Both cars were pretty stiff over rough surfaces (more so than my folks falcon) but it wasn't as bad in the euro which also had a bit more go in it, overtaking wise . Apart from that the Mazda was a little in the wars, alot of scratches from someone who obviously couldn't park for sh_t, every alloy had gutter marks, someone even keyed the back :togo: The 6 had a bose system which I immediately had a play with but for some reason the Euro's premium system sounded nicer, even had a 6 stacker cd player which is handy.

Both cars had very sharp steering, and handled the corners with ease and both had excellent brakes (bloody geelong drivers) I am 100% happy with my purchase atm, it's a nicely made car and attention to detail is superb, I especially liked things such as the boot release which doesn't just unlock but unhinges and tilts for easy lifting (handy if you have you hands full); A diagram of the car on the instrument cluster which indicates whether you have not shut your door properly and the selected door lights up in red ; indicators on the mirrors (lol ****y but cool and the amount of safety features in superb (abs, stabily control, traction control, electronic brack force distribution and driver and passenger + side airbags)

Well that is my review, it's probably worth mentioning that the Euro had done 53,000 kms to the 6's 99,900 and the mazda was an '03 model which also swayed the decison. Some people will probably disagree with me but I can safely say if I bought the right car. I will post some piccies tomorrow it's a little dark to do it now

Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post