Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2005, 08:07 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
Chamois, either natural or synthetic still have their place but I personally don't believe it's for drying the paint anymore
I hate wringing one out every ten seconds and the lines and marks left behind, especially on glass turned me off of them
The synthetic ones are made from poly vinyl alcohol and it's the alcohol that strips or at least weakens sealants and the leathers can be sticky at times

To get the most out of your natural chamois, wash it by hand with some washing soap (lux or similar), (not the hand wash ones though) and they will work better if your paint is smooth.
The smoother it is, the easier it will work and leave less lines

However an ultra microfibre drying towel will never leave marks or lines, will never scratch and no wringing. One towel for a small - mid sized car, two for large cars.
Again the smoother and cleaner the paint is, the easier to use.
I fold mine twice to give a good cushion between hand and the surface

Will outlast a chamois hands down.
Using a damp chamois to remove dust from dashboards or to quickly clean a cloth seat with a spray bottle filled with water and a dash of dishwashing liquid is great though
That sounds like a better option as I'm all too familiar with the streaks on the glass syndrome. Shits me cos sometimes you just cannot get it right.
I'll have a look round for a microfibre cloth - whats the best way to maintain the cloth? Give it a good rinse before using etc?