Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-05-2005, 11:34 PM   #29
benXaGt

Default what about another trade?

I dont think becoming a mechanic is a good option for you as your already earning more than them by approx 10-15k
Taking into account that you will be on a adult minimum wage for 4 years
$55000 approx x 4 = $220000
$30000 approx x 4 = $120000
loosing $100000 over 4 years
But if you go from that to working in a mine as a heavy duty mechanic it will take a far few less years to catch up to what you lost in the beginning.

I know working in mines is a good way to start out in life im ganna start my apprenticeship as a fitter this june/july and when i finished ill go to a mine down south of perth(not as hot as up north). Ill be earning up to $2000 a week 12 hour days.

I know u have family so this may not be a good option.

How about a government job they get heaps better benifits like 7years long service leave

-Defence force part time its like 4 weeks a year or 1 weekend a month while you work at your current job and you get paid for it

-police force my uncles a sergent and he gets heaps of $$$ plus heaps of sick leave over 100 days a year ?

-
benXaGt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post