Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
FordDoctor
Starter Motor

Default Small World

Hello from a World away, America to exact. I just joined your forum out of curiosity and I am absolutely fascinated! How did I find this site? Well, I am the publisher of forddoctorsdts.com, a diesel technician web site in North America. I monitor the traffic to my site and noticed a large number of hits on an aptitude test featured on the site coming from this forum. Naturally I had to check you guys out!

I am a Ford Diesel technician with 21+ years in the industry 19 of which with Ford. Most of my experience is with Ford F-Series trucks, Super Duty's and medium duty trucks but I have experience with cars too. As I look over some of the topics I see many similarities to American Forums in the discussions but I also don't recognize many of the models Australians drive despite some familiar names. Maybe I just need to look around some more!

A couple of years ago, I met a gentleman from Australia who was temporarily living in the U.S. on business. He owned a new Ford Diesel truck and said that he planned on bringing it back "home" with him despite the cost of converting it to meet Australian regulations. He told me that there really aren't any trucks like the ones here which leads me to ask if there are many large imported or domestic pick-up trucks in your country?

FordDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post