Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default air con/climate control fan

right.. it's starting to get stinking hot up here in brisbane.. and my lack of air con is REALLY starting to get to me.... it used to be an intermittent problem... but now it just never works....

i thought it might have been the contols.. but now i beleive the fan unit itself is knackered....

today i turned the fan to 4.. and nothing.. so i jumped under the passenger side to here a clicking/clunking sound... so i whacked the black box looking thing under the glove box.. and the fans started up.. i was stoked...

however.. after several minutes.. the force of air coming out the vents was getting lower and lower.. till it eventually stopped... i jumped into the passenger footwell again.. and heard the same clunky/clicky type noise again.. so i think the fan itself has died.. (assuming it's under the glove box)

if so.. is it possible to replace it?.. if so.. how hard is to do?.. ie.. can i do it myself?.. or do i need a professional to do it.. and if i do.. who would i take it too?

Thanks
Trent

Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote