Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sick of car repairers mucking me about

Just lately I've had a bad run with the 2 family cars.
The wifes BA Futura (dedicated gas) has being having all sorts of probs, 1st visit changed the plugs, still playing up, book it again changed the coils, still having probs and now a strong smell of gas coming thru the air vents book it in again, 3rd visit, new gasket kit thru the convertor.

My XC 351 has been having a continual clunk from the front left, been to a suspension shop (won't say who but NO BULL) so many times and still not right and after their last effort I can hardly turn left it's that heavy. Been in 4 times and over $1500 spent. Each time I took it in it was always late getting back to me, once I took it in on a Wed promised a 1 day job, then sorry it'll be Fri then sorry not til Mon.

Now I'm getting 2 new mufflers and 2 new tail pipes fitted as I blew a great hole in a muffler.

They said have it there first thing in the morning which I did, explained I needed it back by 2pm, get a phone call about 1pm, wont be ready til 3.30pm, another call, having problems (how hard can it be, it's only the rear half of the exhaust) won't be ready until about 4.30.
Why do they insist on having the car there 1st thing and then start work half way thru the day only to find a problem.

It's such a pain organising lifts, taking time off work etc, I know its hard work in a mechanics shop but wheres the professionalism gone. I should be able to hit them up for a Taxi voucher.
Rant over : :

Last edited by jaydee; 16-11-2007 at 05:37 PM.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post