Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Insurance Quotes: Explain how this works

Hi guys.

My brain has now melted after talking to NRMA and getting some quotes for insurance for the cars:

Heres the following:

2002 Ford Falcon Futura (ins for $12000) - Garaging Address - NSW (Address not revealled), 4 years driving experience, no claims, thefts, etc... No fines in the last 3 years

Quote = $83p/m

AND

2006 Kia Grand Carnival (ins for $30000) - Garaging Address (as above), 4 years driving experience, no claims, thefts, etc... No fines in the last 3 years

Quote = $85p/m

Now here's the weird part. If I choose to insure the falcon for any more the $12000, the quote starts to go up.... yet the Kia ins. for $30k would be less then the falcon.... but the Kia has more power - it has a 184kw motor as opposed to the Falcons 157kw motor (I think the dyno must be broken because my falcon has at least 800rwkw - I just know it - lol). So WTF?

The other weird one - If I choose to insure my Falcon at either the NSW address or my other ACT address, the price does not change... however, if I choose to insure the Kia at the ACT address instead of the NSW one, it will cost me an extra $200 per year? I can understand the difference if it was for both cars, but only for one? WTF?

So does NRMA have any standard in pricing or just pull figues out of nowhere?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post