Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Funny comments/excuses from the darkside bogans

Well just thought I'd share a few things that were said by some people the other day during conversation. Ofcourse they were the typical GM/Holden loving bogans who would rather "push thier Holden than drive a Ford".. Now ofcourse I know there are also the Ford fans who are like this and I am not stereotyping all Holden fans, I know some who can appreciate a great car from any manufacturer. It goes both ways but any way here are a few things I heard:

Why do people hail the I6T? It has been developed for many years so what do you expect?...
Well that might be true but why hail the LS series motors then? Last time I checked GM were producing and developing OHV pushrod donks since the dinosaur days so the same goes there...

Mate the new GTR-V spec will beat the ZR1 corvette but it will be pricey therefore I pick the ZR1 as a better backage anytime of the day....
Ok but your probably the same guy that cherishes the W427 which costs more than double the F6 and is only marginally quicker? what gives....

Mate you cannot beat the sound of a V8 therefore the R8 is better than the F6....
Ok thats your opinion but why does the sound a car makes determine if its better than another?

Mate the Boss motor is absolute rubbish, just look how one journo only pulled a 14sec 1/4mile in an XR8 with 5kms on the clock....
Ok but we all know journo's can't drive and remember its only a 5.4ltr, it might not be the best V8 around but definately not bad for a 5.4. I suppose that 6.2ltr is so much better because there is more low end torque and can propel any VE down the 1/4 in 10 sec flat in full street trim....

There are a few more which I can't remember but they are always good for a laugh, which have you heard and what did you think?