Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #1
B.J(inCanb)

Default Unlicensed!!

Hubby was pulled over earlier in the week by the local boys for taking both hands off the steering wheel, any way they did a license check and found out that his license had been suspended back in March of 03 for an unpaid speeding fine. He then had to accompany the police officers back to the station to sort out the matter, luckily he had the apprentice in the car so he could drive the car back. They took his license off him at the station and told him he had to go to motor registry to sort it out. Which he did the next day, but why in the 2 years plus had he never received notification that his license was suspended, he renewed it in April 04 after it was stolen, he has 2 1 point speeding fines (camera), and a low impact accident that was reported to the police and it hasn't been picked up. If he was is a major accident what would have happened to our insurance? He received a caution for driving while suspended as the police could see that he was genuinely surprised to know that he was. We are pretty sure that we have paid for the fine that bought about the cancellation, I have record of a payment being made to road user services at that time but as I don't have a receipt number I can't prove it. I just can't believe that it went so long without us knowing, thank goodness he got pulled over when he did.