Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Ball is in Ford's court, my hat off to Holden for at least doing something.
Man am i getting sick of this beauty!!! These days its the default position for the holden apologists. Yes it is true Holden is often more daring RE product planning. They bring out the big stuff at motorshows and are always trying 'new things', but how much of this is really there work and how much of it actually works anyway.

This is like the debate over the VE styling...i had a holden fanboy tell me that because it was 'out there' and 'agressive' with its wheelarches it was ok that on base form it looked ridiculous!!!! Lots of people on here bag Ford for not having a go, and think that Holden is unfairly treated because its a Ford forum. I think they get of lightly to be honest. If Ford had such a woeful track record of new models/technology so dismally failing we would never hear end of it.

In the last 5 years Holden has released a V6 that is far from competitive, stuck with a 4sp auto drivetrain that is surely the worst on the planet and give us AFM...which is as ineffective as it is marketable. And this is just on the local commodore. Look at other models and it gets worse....adventura was a massive flop, W427 though ballsy never got going and those AWD HSV coupes were really worth the effort...... Then of course there is the daewoo debacle...

But its all rosey at Holden land because they are 'having a go'. This is serious business, having a go isn't enough. Its not like hitting off the tee in golf, getting near the green isn't enough. It may be a long bow to pull but is it any wonder the mob behind these 'adventurous' and ultimately unsuccessfull projects just came out of the biggest bankruptcy in automotive history? I think not!!!!

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post