Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Default Fuel Filter problem

Giving my uterus a service and some loving trying to get rid of a rough idle (which I have accomplished : ) I've come across another problem while trying to change the fuel filter.

I managed to get one end off fine (engine side) with no problems but the rear end (entry) fuel line just will not budge. I've tried and tried and sprayed it with rp7/crc but all the happens is the spanner starts rounding it off without the nut budging at all.
Yes Ive got a spanner on the filter also before anyone asks! And for those that dont know the ute filter is the same as IRS AU's.

I have a feeling it is the original fuel filter (Ute is 2000 AU2 XLS 117xxxkms) as it is pretty rusty and banged up. But it might not be and just look that way because it gets dirty alot and lived up north where its pretty harsh before I got the ute.

Any help and tips on getting it off without breaking anything would be muchly appreciated!!

Also trying to change the serpentine belt and can not get the tension pulley to budge even with the 3/8 ratchet/bar in it like my service manual says. Any tips?

crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post