Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-08-2005, 07:35 PM   #11
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
I have read this thread from start to finish and I feel i have to say my 2c (plus 10% gst and fuel excise).

At the end of the day its all down to development costs. For a totally new model EL-AU Ford spent $750m and i believe for the BA Ford spent $500m. Reality of that budget is very cheap compared to say the development cost of a 3 series BMW which i think was in the reigns of $2-3 billion. So asking FPV to churn out the same level of engineering as AMG or BMW M division is unrealistic.

However, I will have to agree with Mr Sparkles here. What we are talking about and why where all here is that we have an interest in "Performance" Fords and in this case it's FPV thats at the pinacle of Performance in the Falcon development.

Fact of the matter is lapt times, 0-100km/h and 1/4miles are all measurements of "Performace". I fail to see how many of you's think that the Motor and Wheels magazines are junk reading and not real. I challenge anyone to do a test like Wheels and Motor with 20+ cars and take them through their paces. Yes i will agree that not all cars are equal, but manufactures who enter in BYFB know full well that their will be measured on "performance" and it's up to them to provide a fit car.

So to conclude, the fact that the FPV cars are down in cornering speed is fact that they will need to improve this on their next models, no if no but. Considering Holden can perform quicker (being it's arch rival) proves this even more that FPV have home work to do in this department. And please don't say that i don't like FPV's. If i had the money right now a GT will be in garage. And to the people whop say 1-2km per hour is no bid deal i'll put this to you, a 13 second car is not much different to a 15 sec car hmmm i don't think so.
Well written and very true.