Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #24
steharz
Banned

hi everyone out there,my name is steve and this is my first post here , after reading the comments on lpg i thought id share my experience with this fuel,i drive an 81 LTD that had the factory 302c in it set-up to run on LPG and petrol-this thing ran really well on LPG and was CHEAP to run,on average abit under half the cost of running the car on petrol,power was about equal although the 302 was tuned for the LPG so running on petrol was something i only did when a gas station wasnt close when the tank needed filling.after swapping in a 351w built up to the edelbrock RPM specs my old LPG system just didnt cut it,the hat that sits on top of the carb wouldnt flow enough air and the system was ditched in favour of running on petrol,that was two years ago and with the crazy prices of petrol at the moment im seriously thinking about getting a performance LPG system set-up for my LTD.i think with the right LPG system on a performance engine,it will make good power and will be a hell of a lot cheaper to run,if and when i score a system ill post some numbers on petrol use verses lpg
steharz is offline   Reply With Quote