Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Pict

Question XR6 Ute Clutch Question

Hey guys, had my XR6 ute for a week or so now and love it to bits.

It's got 100,000kms on it and it in excellent condition, well maintained etc.

I've searched the forums to death about an issue I think I'm having with the clutch though.

I *think* my pedal box is buckled/breaking/broken. The clutch pedal is not aligned with the the other two pedals and looks a bit crooked. When I first got the car is was near impossble to put into 1st, and when changing gears it often felt like the clutch wasnt disengaged properly. It was also the heaviest clutch I have ever felt in my life. The clutch cable coming out of the engine bay was very loose, so I tightened it up a bit and it's now easier to get into gear etc.

So I have a few questions.

Is it worth taking my pedal box out and inspecting it?
Should I adjust the clutch further? What exactly is the clutch cable adjusting, pedal throw? or effect of clutch lever?
The clutch cable looks like it's almost at the end of it's adjustment (lots of thread hanging into the engine bay) - am I reading that right?

Cheers guys, sorry for the essay!

Pict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post