The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #23
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
Wait till they get the cameras that are being set up here in WA that scans every cars number plate. for rego, unlicensed drivers, wanted persons etc.

How in hell does that work! does that mean every time your better half, or someone else, is driving you around cause you are under suspension a flying squad will be vectored to swoop down on the car?? that would get old pretty quick...
Well, it will obviously only work if you own a car and the camera recognizes the plates and then notifies police in the squad car which the camera is mounted on or the car down the road, then they will pick you up and ask to see your drivers license. If its not the unlicensed driver then all is good. if not your gone.
Im not sure if it will take your picture like a speed camera then send you a letter with the photo to confirm the driver like speeding fines.
These new cameras in wa can tell the cops everything about the driver and car - previous owners, rego, drivers details every thing without having to call up HQ. this is why we dont have Rego stickers anymore.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote