Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Default Buyer Beware ! Odometer Fraud - Territory

Hi

Well like fellow member who earlier posted thread regarding odometer fraud i nearly purchased this too good to be true Territory on car sales.

Link for car: Car sales - territory for sale

car net auction sydney
http://www.carnetauctions.com.au/cp_...CSS&MTA=100266

the story:

well lucky i didnt buy it. thought i do my homework and it payed off. i was quite sus from the start still i rang up to speak to lili - well lili wasnt avail so assuming i spoke to lili husband sam.
i asked for reason for sale " i moved to melb recently bought a business need a van"
Ringgggg the add says growing family need 7 seater. again assuming by van i thought he might mean 7seater people mover.
sam had middle eastern accent (no offence,racism or prejudice or generalisation meant -- cousin moved from sydney so i have heard many stories. cant fight the voice in my head)
My best mate who happen to be panel beater and mechanic said will go over the car thorougly and see if it is what the guy claims - no accident history and original log books. mates mech at ford dealer so we where gona plug it to see if it gave any info.

i arrange for the car to be brought to my friends shop, he agreed then again ( the little voice in my head reminded my of earlier thread here for frauds)
i typed the rego on google and i couldnt believe what i was seeing.

now im reallly cut - absolutly disgusted. I called him and cancel our arrangment with an excuse to see what the best course of action is from here.
for laughs with mates i said - i will offer him 11k for the car and tell him the reason, if he doesnt agree his car. then i will report him. we laughed and rejected my narrow minded idea as spare of the moment thing (blackmail no way)

What are the consequences for someone getting caugt ?

Nowfor serious stuff what do i do. im deffinitly going to report him and probs play prank call for laughs aswell hehe.
i dont want poor guy/girl ending with this car its just not fair. had i bought it and this whole thing went unnoticed i would have been really p off as i'm buying this for my oldman.

thats all folks !

cheers
H

Last edited by divine_afg; 29-05-2010 at 12:51 AM.