Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Your Favourite Restaraunt or Cafe

After going to a really nice place to eat in the Swan Valley yesterday I thought I would look for a topic that you could post places you like and reccommend. I couldn't find one so decided to make a topic. In here post Cafe's and Restaraunts you like to eat at and recommend to others.

I am in Perth for a week and took my mrs to the Swan Valley for the day for her birthday. Best part was it was Kid free. We went to the Dukstein Brewery but after waiting 15mins in a line of 15 people to order and only moving 2 spots forward, then realising it would be over and hour for food, I went to the mrs and said lets go. We ended up at a joint called Mad Hatters, we didn't have a booking but they got us a table (we were lucky as the other people coming after us were being turned away). The staff there were excellent, very professional and very friendly.

The food was brilliant. We started with toasted turkish with olive oil and balsamic, shared an Entree of these creamy rice balls which surrounded a peice of mozzerella and were crumbed and fried with a tamato chutney. Our mains were Calamari, which was dusted and fried and served with a garlic aioli and I had the creamy garlic prawns. Now we both had Entree size but their Entree was easily another restaraunts main. The Calamari was excellent, it just melted in your mouth no chewing or anything, as were the prawns. The best part was our main was 30mins after our starter and Entree which I love, I hate going to a restaraunt that serves a main 10mins after your entree or in some cases while your still eating it.

Now I also enjoyed a carona and a blue tongue light (was driving).

All this was only $69.50. I am a very hard person to please when we go out eating (yes I am the guy who scrutinises everything) but I have not a bad word about this place and I left them a tip. So Mad Hatters in the Swan Valley (Perth for you Eastern Staters) is highly recommended.

Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post