Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
adamlehmann
BloodyCommenWhores

Default Finke Desert Race 2010

On Wednesday the 9th June at 5am dad and i set off on our holiday to Alice Springs for the Finke Desert Race. This was the 6th time i had been to Alice Springs for the race. We camped in our swags at Cadney Homested, a little camping ground and fuel station after the first day of driving. The next morning we woke up at 7 to complete the 1600kms and finally arrive in Alice Springs. It was 1pm and dad and i set our tent up in the caravan park. On the 3rd day we headed out to Stanley Casim and Palm Valley. The road out to palm valley was 4wd only and man was it rough, it had to of been the best 4wd'ing i have done so far! When we got back to the caravan park our mates had rolled in by then so we sat around and had some drinks. It was then 6pm and we had scrutineering to go to, this is where CAMS confirmes that the buggy/bike and their gear is up to standard and safe to race. This is got to be the best night of the whole trip, you can get up and close to the bikes and buggies and have a good look at the great detail and mechanics that go into them. The 4th day then arose and all 13 of up set out down the track to find our camp site, came across the 45km mark and found a good place so we pulled over and set up (approx 70 thousand spectators camp along the 236km track over the 3 days) Day 5 brought us the first day of racing!! woke up, had a coffee and walked to our hill where watched the race. The cars and bikes would race 236km down the track to a little aboriginal community called Finke where they would stay the night and do any repairs needed. Day 6 was the last of racing and once the buggies had finished we packed up and headed back towards Alice Springs for the first leg home. that night we stayed at a little outback town called Mala. The last day was the 1000km journey home, was a good day, stopped and took a few photos of this and that.

I could write so much more but i just couldnt be skrewed and it would probs just bore u guys haha, so thanks for reading guys and here are just some of the 800 photos we took!