Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Default Fords just aren't looking mean enough nowadays

Years ago when i was a wee lad, i remember reading a letter a reader had sent into Wheels Magazine saying how "Holdens dont look mean enough, im a Holden man till i die but the new Fords just look ready to rip up the road, but the Holdens look, well, subtle"

I had to agree with it even being Ford Biased i did feel sorry for Holden fans for not having something like the F6 Typhoon or something as mean and deadly looking. But over the past few years, Holden is really kicking *** in the Mean Looks Department!!
For example
2004 FPV and HSV

The HSV looks pretty tamed and smooth while the FPV's flat front gives it a grunty, beastly look.
Then Holden started getting a lot different.

Compared to

While ford have pretty much kept the exact same look for the past few years Holden have just gotten cooler and cooler
Im not comparing each car to its exact opposite but you get what i mean.

Just little things like with the Maloo's tail lights extending onto the tail gate make the car look so so very different, as well as the completely different body work, and how the club sport has the narrow rectangular tail lights with the LED's.
Where as ford keeps the same look throughout the range, only putting a bit of grey paint under the headlights (dont get me wrong i love the racoon look) and maybe a bit of a Bonnet Bulge. They really cant looks as mean as the Holdens are and it sucks for me when i have to defend ford to my mates!