Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
I disagree with number 2) mate,( I often agree with the majority of your posts as you always have some great contributions.)

I would have bought an xr8 when I bought my xr6 turbo, the only reason I didn`t was because the turbo was quicker.

If the xr8 was quicker I would have bought it and I bought new and I know alot of guys with xr6 turbo`s that thought the same way I did.
I understand that and those comments aren't directed at any specific person, they are in
fact a generic representation of where Ford finds itself with V8 buyers. By the time Ford
gets a NA 5.0 in the Falcon, Holden will be bringing out its next Gen V8 with DI and VCT.
That's what i mean about offering an XR8 that isn't competitive with a future SS AND
I honestly believe that this is why Ford is holding off to see what's on offer next year
and who is actually going to buy an XR8 and what performance they expect versus the SS.

Last edited by jpd80; 28-01-2011 at 07:37 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post