Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
blk6t

Default Thanks Ford...

Well my old BA Mk2 just passed the 5 year mark (registered in March 06) and I recently noticed the dreaded rust patch in the RHS of boot after giving my car a full detail. I am in the process of preparing my car for sale as I am almost ready to sign for a new GS.

Anyways when I discovered the rust I felt annoyed and really dissapointed and drove to my local dealer who I haven't seen for years. I mentioned the rust and was told I had 3 days left before the 5 year corrosion warranty expired. Photos were taken and sent to Ford, I had honestly thought that Ford would say NO. I think what is most dissapointing is that I have mates and family with cars that are older than 5 years with alot less rust!

Earlier today I got a call saying the repairs are all approved by Ford and within 3 days the rust will be gone....YAY!!!!!

If Ford had said no I would have been extremly dissapointed and at the time I felt like ditching a new GS and going elsewhere. But, now the rust is being repaired and I will soon be getting my 5th Falcon!!!!

Thought I would share the good news considering all the doom and gloom around the world

Also, what can I coat this joint with in the boot to stop any new rust occuring???? Obviously it has been a common rust spot for the B series Falcons. I don't want the person who buys my car to deal with spending $$$ fixing rust...I am a fussy owner.