Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Default installing an Acron air box. xr8

Hey guys, not sure if this is tech worthy, so i figured id place it amongst you guys. Hopefully the thread title will allow for future searches to find what they are looking for.

Not long ago i made purchase of the new style acron CAI box, found here (limited numbers left)

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1242900&page=9

After recieving the item from whoosh, i went on to purchase..
the other items required:

Firstly you need a MAF adaptor, this is the one i went for, TFI racing, part #9018 . This allows 3 inch connection instead of the direct fitment of the factory airbox.

You will also need 3 hose clamps, unless you have some at home. I always prefer the heavy duty ones, they arent very expensive either and look a tonne better .

You will also need a pod filter, pending on your setup, make sure it accepts the piping you wish to use (3 inch in this case). I went for the 3A racing pod. Its cheap, and flows and filters with the best of them (proven results).

You will need one piece of silicon piping to join things together. 3 inch in this case. With the newer style box, you can just use a straight piece with a straight pipe. Its a tight fit, but it all holds in well. Alternatively you could use an elbow piece of silicon piping, whatever suits you.

Lastly, youll need some straight piping (or get some mandrel bent). I went with a piece of 3 inch steel pipe to keep things simple.
I rubbed it back, and gave it a layering of liquid silver and some clear. nb: you will cut this down to size once you have worked out where you want your pod sitting.

process:
read acron instructions to help you with the process
Once you have all things required, its time to test fit your new box. Give yourself plenty of time to get things done so you dont rush and make any mistakes. Go ahead and remove your old airbox. I find it easier to remove the MAF from the intake pipe, then undo the box and remove the 3 bolts holding it in. Then you can remove the MAF/AIRBOX in one (dont forget to unplug the loom). This makes it easier to take the MAF away from the airbox.

Once you have removed the MAF, check that your MAF adaptor is the correct part and lines up properly. Assuming it does, go ahead and bolt the adaptor on.

get your piping and clamp it to your air filter... test fit to length with your MAF and then cut to suit. i kept mine pretty long, as it helps keep the pod ridgid.

You have to get your new acron box in position. Keep in mind you may find a few things fouling you. just keep an eye on all sides to make sure nothing is blocking you getting the right fit. You need to get the front end of the box, under the metal of the front of your car. Place the screw in through the hole where there was a white cable tidy poking through and fasten the screw about half way. This ensures your two other screw points will line up properly.

Next you will see 2 holes in your box, you have to use a fair bit of force to get the box into position, dont worry, it wont break.
Pictures speak:

you will need to use alot of force to get them in the correct spot, but you want the flat part of your car next to the chassis rail hard lined up with the vertical part of your box. it will make sense when you do so. Basically the box has to be pushed towards the passenger quarterpanel. once in position, mark both spots with a texta.

After that, take the box back out, and then predrill the holes markedto allow you to screw them into place. pass the filter through your airbox hole and place the silicon hose on and leave loose.

Re-fit your box again and line up your maf adaptor to the silicon hose and tighten the last clamp.

After all that, you should end up with something similar (pending on your piping/silicon combination) to this: