Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-10-2005, 01:16 AM   #1
ar3nbe
Starter Motor

Default Accident on the Grand Parade

I had just stoped to get some petrol at the Shell on the Grand Pd in Brighton , i was pulling out of the servo, waiting, thinking about all the idiots that were speeding past (two cars were racing). I see a white car come past in the middle lane, and a gap emerge in the traffic, i slowly begin to pull out when all of a sudden i hear wheels begin to scretch, i look up and see the White Corolla (i think it was a Corolla but hard to hell) lose the backend go sideways and hit a telegraph pole. The front end of the car was just crushed. The power lines started to spark, so i banged it into reverse, pulled out of the servo incase the lines fell and the servo went up in flames, and parked the car. Me and my two mates jumped out and ran over to the car to see if anyone was hurt. The driver was badly injured and was screaming to her her out, the passanger was also badly injured. The Police, Fire and Ambos turn up within 10 minutes and we give our statement to the police (we were the only witnesses that actually waited for the police to give a statement).

This whole incident has changed the way i think about driving. To see how a car going 60 maybe 70, once sideways can be damaged to easily by hitting the pole. There is no reaction time. By the time the driver got sideways she hit the pole. It has also opened up my eyes for safety features in a car, im sure in a modern car the driver wouldnt of been as badly injured.

Did anyone else see this accident, or hear about it ? I would love to know

And sorry for the long post, i just wanted to share my story with you all, and remind you that cars really are dangerous, and life can change so quickly. I also want to give my appreciation for the emergency crews, they arrived fairly quickly and did a fabolous job.

ar3nbe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post