Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 
Default Curious question about shopping centre carparks

After watching a merc reverse into a carpark today only to clip the rear end of a falcon stationwagon on her way in...I came to ponder the question regarding the legalities of actually reversing into a 90 degree car park.

The merc had reversed out of another carpark, and decided to reverse park into another directly behind the stationwagon (not sure what was going through her head, she was reversing the wrong way up a one way road)...the station wagon driver only stopped reversing because I yelled at him, but failed to understand the other half's hand motions of 'pull back in' and the merc subsequently hit hit rear bumper.

Now as I understand it, the reversing vehicle should be looking where they're going...in this case neither was, but it did make me question whether reversing into a car park in a shopping centre, is actually frowned upon because people have an inherent ability to focus behind them, as opposed to what's in front of them when they are reversing into said car park...

I watched her try to explain to the docile man what she was trying to do, but as she was reversing, she failed to take into consideration the front end of her car...my assumption is she would be in the wrong, as he was stationary when she hit him...but I'm wondering if maybe that's not right...?

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post